email archive

  • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 7:58 AM
      been a lot of talk about email's disappearing and accounts being mistakenly deleted.  So here are some ways to archive, and first off, none are free but such is life.

      • First of all for the next two options to work you must subscribe to Yahoo! Plus which has many features but mainly it allows POP access. It's about $20 a year and is a real bargain and I doubt $20 will financially injure anyone who already has a computer and 10-1 every new techie device on the market. I've used the service almost since it was offered and it's just THE way to go.
      • Set up Outlook Express or Thunderbird or any other system based email client and set it up a POP account to download your Yahoo email. If you like the online version and just need to archive your email then make sure that you set it to leave a copy of the emails on the server. Then once a week or so download your email off of the Yahoo server.
      • There is a company named dropmyemail.com  and depending on your email account size, will back up your email automatically. There is a free 15 day trial and pricing ranges from $9.99 and up. Not sure how I feel about them having access to my email and my account but it is a way to archive and not worry about Yahoo getting crazy.

      So for $20 or $30 bucks a year peace of mind is possible. No, I don't work for Yahoo, this is just an old man sharing a life experience.