Re: [Y-Mail] Removing entries from the Bcc: list?

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
      Wayne, George, Bill,

      > ... by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of
      > e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the
      > list. How can I get rid of them?

      Does this answer work?:

      "In Yahoo Mail, how do I remove an address from auto fill that is not in my address book ?"
      <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120129130829AAoQQAb>

      I don't use Yahoo Mail (very often) so I haven't tried it.

      -- Shal
    • Bill T
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 13, 2013
        That does work, thanks. I did the following as the link Shal suggested with a couple of minor clarifications.

        When you attempt to enter an email address in either TO, CC or BCC and are presented with a no longer valid email address to choose you should:

        1. When autofill show suggestions, press the "down " arrow key button to get to the invalid address.

        2. Press the "X" (Delete) button at the right of the email address to be deleted.

        3. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete that particular suggested address. Press Delete.

        4. The address you selected is DELETED and you will receive a confirmation message.

        I want to thank Shal for finding this for us, I wish I had found it sooner.

        Bill.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

        > Wayne, George, Bill,
        >
        > > ... by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of
        > > e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the
        > > list. How can I get rid of them?
        >
        > Does this answer work?:
        >
        > "In Yahoo Mail, how do I remove an address from auto fill that is not in my address book ?"
        > <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120129130829AAoQQAb>
        >
        > I don't use Yahoo Mail (very often) so I haven't tried it.
        >
        > -- Shal

      • George Hutfilz
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 13, 2013
          Shal, thank you very much. The suggestion does work. If I do indeed hover over the long deleted address, a box does appear at the right with an "x" in it, and clicking on it does delete the entry. I don't remember seeing the "x" before, but I am cleaning up auto complete using it liberally.

          George