Removing entries from the Bcc: list?

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2013
      I can create a BCc: entry line for entering e-mail addresses. Further, by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the list. How can I get rid of them?
    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10, 2013
        You need to go into your contact list and clean it out.

        Myself I click on my settings to not save email that I reply to. If I want or need it I will put it in there manually.

        Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
        Tulsa, OK

        Don't cry because it's over,
        smile because it happened.

        Sent Via My iPhone

        On Mar 9, 2013, at 8:30 PM, "Wayne" <sierra_mtnview@...> wrote:

        > I can create a BCc: entry line for entering e-mail addresses. Further, by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the list. How can I get rid of them?

      • Bruce Lund
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 10, 2013
          Quite some time back, Yahoo Classic had what I believe was a beta to eliminate duplicates in the address book. I think I decided that it wasn't worth the time sorting through the duplicates - - their existence weren't really much of an issue. But you might want to check in your address book to see if there is an option.

          Bruce Lund

          You need to go into your contact list and clean it out.

          Myself I click on my settings to not save email that I reply to. If I want or need it I will put it in there manually.

          Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          Don't cry because it's over,
          smile because it happened.

          Sent Via My iPhone

          On Mar 9, 2013, at 8:30 PM, "Wayne" <sierra_mtnview@...> wrote:

          > I can create a BCc: entry line for entering e-mail addresses. Further, by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the list. How can I get rid of them?

              Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • George Hutfilz
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 10, 2013
            With all due respect, Donna, cleaning your contact list does not work. I have mail addresses deleted from my contact list ten or more years ago that still pop up in the address completion list. I have asked several times here about this and reported it as a problem to Yahoo without ever receiving an answer on how to clean up address completion.

            George Hutfilz

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

            > You need to go into your contact list and clean it out.
            >
            > Myself I click on my settings to not save email that I reply to. If I want or need it I will put it in there manually.
            >
            > Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
            > Tulsa, OK
            >
            > Don't cry because it's over,
            > smile because it happened.
            >
            > Sent Via My iPhone
            >
            > On Mar 9, 2013, at 8:30 PM, "Wayne" <sierra_mtnview@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I can create a BCc: entry line for entering e-mail addresses. Further, by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the list. How can I get rid of them?

          • Bill T
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
              This has been an ongoing issue for a long time and not only with BCC. The same thing happens on TO and CC. I have been burned on this several times when I missed seeing that I selected an old address. The entries are not in my Contacts any longer but remain hidden somewhere that apparently only Yahoo know where.
              Why this cannot be addressed by Yahoo is beyond me. I am on Mail Plus.
              Bill T.

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                My Contacts do not show any duplication. I have about 30 entries.

                I'm tempted to delete them all. However, it would seem smart to somehow save them elsewhere as a back up. I have no idea how to do that.
                Maybe using Categories might help? I have no idea what it does.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                  I back up my address book of very important information in Yahoo's note section.

                  Those that are on my iPhone are backed up in iCloud.

                  I did not know there were categories. I do divide my Gmail addresses from friends to family to groups. I do not see that in Yahoo.

                  Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
                  Tulsa, OK

                  (\. (\
                  ( ^.^)
                  o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER

                  Sent Via My iPhone

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                    If I have an address that I don't want to delete for some reason but know I don't want to accidentally use, I just go in and edit it and take the last letter off the domain type. So bruceedwarlund@... would become bruceedwardlund@.... Yahoo will reject it if I try to use it, but if I really do want to send it, I can just add the "m" manually. Hardly perfect, but it does the job.

                    Bruce Lund

                    This has been an ongoing issue for a long time and not only with BCC. The same thing happens on TO and CC. I have been burned on this several times when I missed seeing that I selected an old address. The entries are not in my Contacts any longer but remain hidden somewhere that apparently only Yahoo know where.
                    Why this cannot be addressed by Yahoo is beyond me. I am on Mail Plus.
                    Bill T.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "George Hutfilz" <ghutfilz@...> wrote:

                    > With all due respect, Donna, cleaning your contact list does not work.  I have mail addresses deleted from my contact list ten or more years ago that still pop up in the address completion list.  I have asked several times here about this and reported it as a problem to Yahoo without ever receiving an answer on how to clean up address completion.
                    >
                    > George Hutfilz
                    >
                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > You need to go into your contact list and clean it out.
                    > >
                    > > Myself I click on my settings to not save email that I reply to. If I want or need it I will put it in there manually.
                    > >
                    > > Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
                    > > Tulsa, OK
                    > >
                    > > Don't cry because it's over,
                    > > smile because it happened.
                    > >
                    > > Sent Via My iPhone
                    > >
                    > > On Mar 9, 2013, at 8:30 PM, "Wayne" <sierra_mtnview@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > I can create a BCc: entry line for entering e-mail addresses. Further, by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the list. How can I get rid of them?

                        Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  • Shal Farley
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                      Wayne, George, Bill,

                      > ... by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of
                      > e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the
                      > list. How can I get rid of them?

                      Does this answer work?:

                      "In Yahoo Mail, how do I remove an address from auto fill that is not in my address book ?"
                      <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120129130829AAoQQAb>

                      I don't use Yahoo Mail (very often) so I haven't tried it.

                      -- Shal
                    • Bill T
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 13, 2013
                        That does work, thanks. I did the following as the link Shal suggested with a couple of minor clarifications.

                        When you attempt to enter an email address in either TO, CC or BCC and are presented with a no longer valid email address to choose you should:

                        1. When autofill show suggestions, press the "down " arrow key button to get to the invalid address.

                        2. Press the "X" (Delete) button at the right of the email address to be deleted.

                        3. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete that particular suggested address. Press Delete.

                        4. The address you selected is DELETED and you will receive a confirmation message.

                        I want to thank Shal for finding this for us, I wish I had found it sooner.

                        Bill.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

                        > Wayne, George, Bill,
                        >
                        > > ... by selecting the Bcc: on the left of the line, I see a list of
                        > > e-mail addresses that can be selected. There are some duplicates in the
                        > > list. How can I get rid of them?
                        >
                        > Does this answer work?:
                        >
                        > "In Yahoo Mail, how do I remove an address from auto fill that is not in my address book ?"
                        > <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120129130829AAoQQAb>
                        >
                        > I don't use Yahoo Mail (very often) so I haven't tried it.
                        >
                        > -- Shal

                      • George Hutfilz
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 13, 2013
                          Shal, thank you very much. The suggestion does work. If I do indeed hover over the long deleted address, a box does appear at the right with an "x" in it, and clicking on it does delete the entry. I don't remember seeing the "x" before, but I am cleaning up auto complete using it liberally.

                          George