Android Login Error

  • amarryat
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
      Using the stock mail app on my Android phone, suddenly I'm getting a "Login failed". It's configured to use imap.mail.yahoo.com.

      This happened last week too and resolved itself.

      Is something going on with Yahoo mail that would cause this? It has been out for over 8 hours today.

      I also checked my Nexus 7, and it cannot get my email either.

      Downloading the Yahoo android app works fine, as does signing in on webmail on both the desktop and the phone.
    • amarryat
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2013
        On to day 2, and still doesn't work.

        I should have mentioned that I have the Yahoo Plus email and have for many years.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, amarryat@... wrote:

        > Using the stock mail app on my Android phone, suddenly I'm getting a "Login failed". It's configured to use imap.mail.yahoo.com.
        >
        > This happened last week too and resolved itself.
        >
        > Is something going on with Yahoo mail that would cause this? It has been out for over 8 hours today.
        >
        > I also checked my Nexus 7, and it cannot get my email either.
        >
        > Downloading the Yahoo android app works fine, as does signing in on webmail on both the desktop and the phone.

      • Thomas Sisson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2013
          I have two Yahoo! Mail accounts. One is Yahoo! Plus and works using IMAP in Thunderbird and in webmail. The other is old but recently and newly recovered and I have been getting errors all week about the mailbox being temporarily unavailable from the webmail page.

          One answer from Yahoo! Answers says:

          Go to us . m . mail . yahoo . com (remove spaces).
          Log in there.
          Go to email and read or delete a message.

          It has not worked for me, but it may work for you. Personally, I think Yahoo's mail servers are screwed up. Unlike Gmail, they don't tell you when something is up.

          Several people have posted questions about getting a message saying the mailbox is temporarily unavailable and have had that problem for several days. There is a Yahoo help telephone number somewhere, but it is not posted here. You should be able to get it if you have Yahoo! Plus. Anyone calling might mention that many people besides you are unable to access email.

          Tom
        • amarryat
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 8, 2013
            Thanks. I've been searching for a way to contact tech support but haven't had any luck. And I pay for the "Plus" service.

            I'm able to check my mail via the mobile website on my phone. However it keeps prompting me to download the mobile app. I'd rather use the stock email app which I've been using for years, but until this is fixed I'll use the Yahoo mail app which also works fine.