Yahoo IMAP? [was Re:Yahoo have yet...]

  • Gabriel
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 6, 2013
      It works just fine for non-Plus users. I used it until recently on Outlook 2010. A little slow to sync at times, but that is probably Outlook's fault, an issue they have apparently addressed in Outlook 2013.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenton Ayers" <kenton.ayers@...> wrote:

      > I do not have Yahoo Mail Plus. Worked for me anyway. I don't use it all the time, so not sure what would happen if I tried to use it everyday.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Kenton, does one need to have Plus mail, which allows the user to use a mail client?
      > >
      > > Cindy in Ohio
      > >
      > > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
      > >
      > > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC, BN...Labrador Retriever
      > >
      > > http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
      > >
      > > http://hormoneshealthharmony.blogspot.com/
      > >
      > > --- On Mon, 3/4/13, Kenton Ayers <kenton.ayers@> wrote:Just to be safe, I set up Yahoo! IMAP in a desktop program. When all the mail had loaded into the desktop program, I copied it over to one of my other addresses in a folder, so if I lose my Yahoo history, I have it on the the other mail server. The other server I use is Outlook.com and I used WIndows Live Desktop with the IMAP. I found the IMAP settings by just Googling Yahoo Mail IMAP settings. A lot of work and time, but I'm no longer worried about what I might lose.

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 22, 2013
        Once you've switched, you can't go back. Classic is being terminated, so all users will be switched over to the new version.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 06/21/2013 04:40 PM, Tom Sisson wrote:

        Anyone trying to get back to Classic Mail, not that those links do not work. That was from the last attempt to overhaul the Yahoo email interface.

        Tom