Wow - Emails AND Folders Restored after THREE requests.

  • Chris B
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      However not all - there are gaps.

      For those in the UK or with Skype you could try calling

      Customer Service 0800 0289 562 for issues re: access, spam, hacking, email deletion / restores.

      Or for premium accounts you could try 0870 352 2000 (£1+ a minute premium rate line). Maybe check out www.saynoto0870, com web site first for an alternative.

      HoweverI have just spent 90 minutes on hold. Then the call was patched through to the US where a Spanish(?) CSA answered. During this time I walked half-way across London and my mobile carge went from full to half-full. Anyway after 30 minutes talking to her - and having real problems understanding what she said - the upshot was to make a request for a restore through the Help website - which I had already done twice over the weekend.

      I wonder what those thousands travelling overseas will do when they find that their accounts have been deleted outside the 48 hour restoration window?

      Meanwhile I am continuing to change my primary email address from Yahoo to Gmail. Next I will download the emails I want to keep to my hard-drive (then make a CD), then close down all dealings with Yahoo.
    • nicolechaperon@y7mail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2013
        Thanks for the update Chris. I've sent off multiple requests as well, but still nothing restored. Like you, I'm transitioning across to Google.