Re: [Y-Mail] YAHOO HAVE YET TO RESTORE MY EMAILS

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 3, 2013
      Sasafrass452,

      > This issue seems to be spreading by the minute, but I'm sure Yahoo is
      > doing all they can to resolve it. ... We can't make Yahoo work any
      > faster at fixing this problem which is apparently a major one, so it's
      > going to take some time. Their technicians are surely swamped right now,
      > scrambling to sort it out while more & more complaints are coming in
      > every minute. I'm sure they'll get it fixed as soon as possible!

      One bit of evidence to the contrary is provided by the Yahoo! Mail sub-category at Answers. This problem, as widespread as it seems reading here, can scarcely be called "trending" there.

      That is, looking at the most recent four pages of questions, covering the last three hours or so, they are mostly about the usual sorts of problems -- only one of them seems like it might be related to this problem.

      A search for "deactivated" gives about 50 results that seem related, starting 3 days ago. No sign of staff response, even on those oldest questions, but lots of "me too" responses.

      Some of the answers are pointing people here, to the Y-Mail group, to raise the issue. Which cracks me up as my purpose in this message was in part to point people over to Answers as the official venue for Customer support. So anyone who's been there already, please forgive me for pointing you in circles... ;-)

      I'm not quite sure what to make from it, except that it appears that this problem is afflicting a small minority of users (granted, a small minority of hundreds of millions may be millions of people). As such I'm not too sure the problem is on Yahoo!'s radar yet. I'm going to guess that staff response to the problem won't begin until the workday tomorrow.

      -- Shal
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 22, 2013
        Once you've switched, you can't go back. Classic is being terminated, so all users will be switched over to the new version.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 06/21/2013 04:40 PM, Tom Sisson wrote:

        Anyone trying to get back to Classic Mail, not that those links do not work. That was from the last attempt to overhaul the Yahoo email interface.

        Tom