Emails and Folders Gone After Deactivation - ReActivation of Account

  • chucka2k
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2013
      I have a yahoo mail plus account, while I was accessing my email Sat, March 1 afternoon, it suddenly denied me access, then said my account had been deactivated and to log in from your desktop computer.
      When I got home I was not able to log into my account, but I noticed that they had an older credit card number, so I updated my account with new credit card info.

      It then put me on a page where it wanted me to purchase the mail plus option, even though I have been a mail plus user for years. I tried going to the mail.yahoo.com on another tab, same page came up, asking or basically requiring me to sign up for yahoo mail plus. Ok I'm already a mail plus user, so I decided to do it, figuring it would realize I was already a mail plus user. Then I was able to log into my email account, there were only the most recent messages from yahoo, but all my other emails and folders were gone.

      I checked my account billing and saw that they already had charged my account in November 2012. Since this is a yearly based contract, why was it asking me to pay again? And why did they take my money again?

      Anyway, I find it interesting that all of us are 10+ years users, I'm not sure if you are all mail plus (paid) accounts, but I'm sure you must have a lot of emails like me. We all were deactivated then upon reactivation making the discovery that all our emails and folders were gone. This seems to have happened withing the last 48 hrs for most of us.

      And most importantly we have tried to ask yahoo to do something and they have yet to comment. They have no phone suppport, a email suppport that doesn't answer, and so basically no way for consumers to get an appropriate response from yahoo. Marissa Mayer doesn't even have a way to get a hold of her, although I may try her twitter account. I figure if the top person doesn't care then that would explain the apathetic attitudes towards their customers. I will stop short of wishing them well, as I know BAD word of mouth travels much faster and exponentially. Here is a interesting quote from Marissa Mayer this past month from TechCrunch:

      Email is the ultimate daily habit. It's often the first thing we check in the morning and the last thing before going to bed. Why? Because it's one of the simplest and most basic forms of communication. And since it's such an important part of our daily lives, we're making a few improvements to Yahoo! Mail.

      You've told us loud and clear that you want fewer distractions when it comes to email. You want to quickly login, communicate, and get on with your day. And we've listened. Starting today, the new Yahoo! Mail is fast, easy and available anywhere you go. These improvements will be available on all major platforms: Web, Windows 8, iPhone/iPod touch and Android.

      We've redesigned the new version of Yahoo! Mail with speed in mind — getting through your emails is faster than ever before. We've also made your inbox more intuitive and easier to navigate, allowing you to focus on what matters most: your messages. And, because mobile is everything these days, Yahoo! Mail now has a consistent look and feel across devices.

      By eliminating all my emails and folders yahoo has really simplified my email experience like a pest exterminator blows up a garage to get rid of pests.

      I will post any further communitations from yahoo support, if any....

      Stay away from yahoo at all costs.......