Re: Help!!! 10 years of email suddenly DELETED ....

  • Dorothy
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
      I woke up to the same problem. After reading several complaints, Yahoo might be having major technical issues or finding ways to save money by deactivating "heavy users" by forcing us to upgrade to their paid mail service. This is a major PR disaster for them if word got out to the media since there are articles on how Yahoo is trying to have the users use more email services instead of going to gmail and now Outlook.com. I am trying to find a way to have the media look into this to embarrass Yahoo and force them to restore mailboxes at their own cost.

      Marissa Mayer is now pissing users off and will lose more people visiting their pages. She already pissed off her employees

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B" <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

      > I use Classic. I have had an account for 10 years. I had thousands of emails. I use Yahoo mail everyday. Suddenly this morning I was asked ti re-activate my account. I typed in the capcha. Then I found that ALL of my emails had been deleted. Please how do I get them back? I have also lost all of my contacts - essential for my business. PLEASE ADVISE - THIS IS URGENT. CJB.

    • Dorothy
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013

      • nicolechaperon@y7mail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
          I've been trawling for an answer for hours. No good news on the horizon. If you 'reactivate', you lose everything. You can request they ATTEMPT to restore the last 48hrs worth, but I sent my request off 24hrs ago and haven't heard a thing.

        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
            was that a hacker pretending to be yahoo ???

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B" wrote:

            > I use Classic. I have had an account for 10 years. I had thousands of emails. I use Yahoo mail everyday. Suddenly this morning I was asked ti re-activate my account. I typed in the capcha. Then I found that ALL of my emails had been deleted. Please how do I get them back? I have also lost all of my contacts - essential for my business. PLEASE ADVISE - THIS IS URGENT. CJB.

          • zaleriaa
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
              This doesnt work!

              Yahoo need to address this issue, it seems most people who have had it happen have been customers for 10+ years!!!!!!!

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
                Nothing has restored for me, Ive tried the steps, Ive tried contacting.... even on the facebook page but no response just more and more people saying they have had the same trouble, Ive lost 11 years of emails and folders yesterday!!!!

                try here

                https://www.facebook.com/YahooCustomerCare