How to migrate an entire Yahoo mailbox?

  • Beadnik
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2013
      I haven't had any problems with Yahoo mail.... yet. However, all these posts are making me nervous.

      What is the best way to migrate the total contents of my Yahoo mailbox to gmail? I have the free account.

      Thanks.
      JoanB
    • nicolechaperon@y7mail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2013
        I don't think you can export your mail, but you can export your contacts. See here for how: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3357&actp=search&viewlocale=en_AU&searchid=1362282734748&locale=en_AU&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

        This link talks about exporting mailboxes, but ultimately, you either need a 3rd party application or manually forward each message to the other address: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2681&actp=search&viewlocale=en_AU&searchid=1362282773896&locale=en_AU&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

        Nobody seems to know how wide-spread this is, so it's best to protect your most important stuff now. I lost everything yesterday morning, and people are still reporting new instances of it happening.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Beadnik" <beadnik2@...> wrote:

        > I haven't had any problems with Yahoo mail.... yet. However, all these posts are making me nervous.
        >
        > What is the best way to migrate the total contents of my Yahoo mailbox to gmail? I have the free account.
        >
        > Thanks.
        > JoanB

      • David Boey

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
            I tried to use POP to Gmail. But the system crashed. I don'y thing that there is a reliable way.

            AND YAHOO HAVE YET TO RESTORE MY EMAILS - SO IT SEEMS THAT THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD. IF I DON'T GET THEM BACK I WILL NOT BE USING ANY YAHOO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AGAIN - AND I WILL CLOSE DOWN ALL OF MY YAHOO GROUPS.

            Maybe you could ask your question in Yahoo Answers!!

            Good luck - CJB.