Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Help!!! 10 years of email suddenly DELETED ....

  • Henrique de Castro
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013

      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      http://about.me/henriquejunior

      From: zaleriaa <kimamarok@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2013 12:24 PM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Help!!! 10 years of email suddenly DELETED ....

      Same thing happened to me a few hours ago, sending an email in yahoo (not using a client), said the email I was sending to was deactivated (its NOT)...I went to my inbox and EVERYTHING IS GONE, contacts, folders, emails, 11 years and Ive never had any trouble.

      How do we fix it YAHOO?????

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B" wrote:

      > I use Classic. I have had an account for 10 years. I had thousands of emails. I use Yahoo mail everyday. Suddenly this morning I was asked ti re-activate my account. I typed in the capcha. Then I found that ALL of my emails had been deleted. Please how do I get them back? I have also lost all of my contacts - essential for my business. PLEASE ADVISE - THIS IS URGENT. CJB.

    • KevinC
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
        I had the same thing to happen, however I HAVE NOT restored my account. I did sent the form to restore everything.

        Does anyone know if anyone's account has been restored? Does it matter whether you follow the restoration steps or not?
      • Dorothy
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
          I woke up to the same problem. After reading several complaints, Yahoo might be having major technical issues or finding ways to save money by deactivating "heavy users" by forcing us to upgrade to their paid mail service. This is a major PR disaster for them if word got out to the media since there are articles on how Yahoo is trying to have the users use more email services instead of going to gmail and now Outlook.com. I am trying to find a way to have the media look into this to embarrass Yahoo and force them to restore mailboxes at their own cost.

          Marissa Mayer is now pissing users off and will lose more people visiting their pages. She already pissed off her employees

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013

          • nicolechaperon@y7mail.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
              I've been trawling for an answer for hours. No good news on the horizon. If you 'reactivate', you lose everything. You can request they ATTEMPT to restore the last 48hrs worth, but I sent my request off 24hrs ago and haven't heard a thing.

            • adeomus ********
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
                was that a hacker pretending to be yahoo ???

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B" wrote:

                > I use Classic. I have had an account for 10 years. I had thousands of emails. I use Yahoo mail everyday. Suddenly this morning I was asked ti re-activate my account. I typed in the capcha. Then I found that ALL of my emails had been deleted. Please how do I get them back? I have also lost all of my contacts - essential for my business. PLEASE ADVISE - THIS IS URGENT. CJB.

              • zaleriaa
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
                  This doesnt work!

                  Yahoo need to address this issue, it seems most people who have had it happen have been customers for 10+ years!!!!!!!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2013
                    Nothing has restored for me, Ive tried the steps, Ive tried contacting.... even on the facebook page but no response just more and more people saying they have had the same trouble, Ive lost 11 years of emails and folders yesterday!!!!

                    try here

                    https://www.facebook.com/YahooCustomerCare