Re: 15 years of yahoo messages and foldres gone DISASTER

  • Chris B
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
      Please take note that there is a major server crash or hacking apparently affecting lots of Yahoo Mail accounts - Classic and Plus.

      What happens is that your account gets deactivated. To reactivate it you type in a capcha. Then when you regain access ALL folder and past emails have been deleted.

      To get the email restored it may be possible by going to

      http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN2552&impressions=true

      Apparently Yahoo can restore emails up to 48hrs after the loss. Whether it will actually happen, I do not know. This can't occur until Monday in which case all will be lost.

      If this happens to you first of all request a restore (anything in the last 48 hours will be lost anyway).

      Then raise the issue on Twitter: @YahooInc @yahoomail @YahooCare @YahooMailYahoo @YahooMailGroup

      Good luck.

      CJB.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fmanopulo" <fmanopulo@...> wrote:

      > Today I was forced by yahoo to reset my account and I lost all 15yrs of messages and folders !
      > Is there anything I can do to reinstate them all ?

    • Sonja
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
        Not true. I followed the reactivation instructions, typed in the captcha and arrived at an empty account, only a welcome to yahoo message was there. Every folder, 10 years worth of emails all gone.
        I filled out the help forms / filed a service ticket and described the problem exactly and got an email response to call account verification, I did, was on hold for 30 minutes, and then told it was a technical problem to reply to the email again, and I did, re-described the problem using different words and got the same response to call account verification service.