New version has just stopped working

  • ggardnerau
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2013
      On trying to send an email, the "to" and "cc" fields are frozen and won't accept any input at all, either from contacts list, manually typed or even using CRTL-V. The cursor isn't even blinking.
      Likewise the "subject" field is frozen as well as the message text area

      I can receive emails and sent one to myself from my Gmail account, but when I click the "reply" icon the message disappears and I get "Yahoo!7 Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later."

      And what's with the baleful horrible "Cadburys Purple" theme???

      I rely on Yahoo for all my business and government email activity such as shops I order from, doctors appointments, social security notifications etc and if Yahoo is becoming basically untrustworthy I might have to migrate everything to Gmail. Which is a pity as I have found Yahoo to be rock solid for the last 13 years.

      Michael
    • Bruce Lund
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2013
        http://www.technogadge.com/how-to-switch-back-to-yahoo-mail-classic/
        http://listserv.icors.org/scripts/wa-ICORS.exe?A2=ind1302&L=pcsoft&F=&S=&P=5083

        It might not be what you want, but hopefully going back to Classic will make your mail more usable for the time being.

        You want to consider the possibility that it is not Yahoo that is the issue. Perhaps an add-on like Java or Flash is acting up.

        Bruce

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com