This is how to go back to Yahoo Classic Mail Re: [Y-Mail] Re: PLEASE .. how do I get-OUT of this new yahoo-email ....

  • Bruce Lund
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 10, 2013
      http://www.technogadge.com/how-to-switch-back-to-yahoo-mail-classic/#comment-95016
      http://lifehacker.com/5862813/revert-yahoo-mail-back-to-the-previous-version

      I am happy to report that you can go home. My account got hacked a few weeks back and the absolutely worst part of it was that my account had been "upgraded" from classic. All I had to do to go back was disable Java, per the first link.

      Like Terry, I believe Classic is just about perfect. and if I was forced to stay with the "new and improved" version, I would abandon Yahoo for something that was even close to Classic. It works exactly the way I want it to and makes me more efficient and productive.

      Hope one of these methods work for you.

      Bruce

      From: David Boey <sales.boeyong@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

      This is a "classic" (pun not intended) way of re-inventing the wheel (at the moment YAHOO has rolled out an OVAL one so that they can still maintain that is is "round".. I was so happy with the consistency of classic mail albeit with fewer "bells and whistles" that I don't use anyway and then BANG! comes their so called upgrades and as a result, I couldn't move or delete my mails and now I couldn't even login. It's been 3 months going on to 4 already and I can't access some very important information I saved in one of my YAHOO mailboxes. I have switched to Gmail because YAHOO! or not, my business has to go on...

      On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM, karenborga@... <karenborga@...> wrote:

      At this point, Yahoo mail on my cell phone is much better than on a Computer.

      I get so aggravated just trying to type a message on the computer.
      I can't even FORCE the font to stay the same size..Yahoo decides what size the next line should be.

      ACK.
      Horrible.
      I have notes to send after a chat or a conference call. The formatting requested by the chairperson is very specific.
      Forget color coding.

      Yahoo decides a back space means change the prior line to match the next line.
      My reds turn black, my blacks turn red.

      Correcting all of this involves cutting, pasting to a WORD doc and then pasting back again.

      So much time wasted.
      For formatting, Gmail is even worse for me.

      Karen

      *** ***

      Obviously, Yahoo is doing away with classic. It's more cost effective to maintain just 1 interface, so those who are still using classic will eventually be faced with a choice.... Either put up with it, or switch to another provider. I see that some have migrated elsewhere, & that could be a growing trend if not already. Yahoo needs to improve the features if they want to keep users, lure back old ones who left, & gain new ones!

      **Sasafrass452**
    • Harryh
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 22, 2013
        I'm still using classic mainly because the search function is easier to use.  The new interface is tedious and requires too many clicks.  The new interface is better for search within a search, but I rarely need that.  I do have to use a trick URL to start in classic.

        I do hope that classic will be retained, despite their apparent desire to not support it.  After all what maintenance is needed for 'dead' code.

        I find nothing in the new code that is faster over the classic, in spite of the ads.  I like classic for most tasks, but use the new interface for other tasks.

        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

        From: E H <drtq2@...>
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

        Help !!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "E H"  wrote:

        > .......and back to the CLASSIC ?

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Bruce Lund
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 22, 2013
          Earlier in the thread, I posted how you can go back. Classic works exactly as I want it to, allowing me to extensively use tabs in my browser. I have no doubt that the new mail has some way to do some of it, but why bother? I would have to completely learn a new way of doing thing just to be able to do what I can already do exactly as I want to do it. Plus, the new mail has some annoyances that are annoying as it gets.

          Yahoo will have me as long as they maintain classic. But once they take that away, I am gone.

          Bruce Lund