Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail Plus Problems

  • Donna Lee
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013
      I have the Windows 8 app but my Outlook account opened automatically. Could I include a gmail and a yahoo account or is it limited to one account?

      I set up the Outlook account before I got my new laptop so I would have a MS account for the MS apps. I know that I did not have to for hubby is using his Yahoo account. I am using the MS information for my laptop. I may have to share the information with tech people if needed and I do not want to share my gmail or my yahoo account with anyone!

      Now there may be a way for another to use my laptop only known to technicians but I do not know that much about this new OS.

      Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
      Tulsa, OK

      Don't cry because it's over,
      smile because it happened.

      Sent Via My iPhone

      On Feb 2, 2013, at 11:22 AM, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

      I don't there is a limit.

      Download the Windows 8 app though, it's pretty good. However, I'm not sure if it lets you create folders.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8

    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013

        is it true that windows 8 will track all of one's downloads ?

        Be who you are and say what you feel
         because those who mind don't matter
        and those who matter don't mind.
        ~ Dr. Seuss

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 3, 2013
          I don't use window$, but if that's true, it's just one more reason I'm glad I don't use it!

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

          Download the Windows 8 app though, it's pretty good. However, I'm not sure if it lets you create folders.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8

          Well it is my turn to have problems!! I just read from adeomus that there was an update. Well that update may be giving me problems! I just got a new Windows 8 laptop Monday. I am still trying to learn the PC. I wonder if there is something that I need to activate to be able to use Ymail. I have been trying to create a folder in my email and for the life of me I can not!

          Is there a limit to how many folder Ymail will let you have?

          Donna Lee
          Tulsa, OK

        • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2013
            Ran into the same problem earlier this week and tried both the keyboard shortcut and a simple click to no avail. Sat down next day and low and behold, there the new folder was. Why? Haven't the foggiest but I do know that all is not well with this latest "upgrade" and it seems to be a work in motion. Again, we are the test group!! Wish they would quit upgrading and just leave well enough alone.

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2013
              never heard of that, so I don't know. I somehow doubt it.

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 6, 2013

                apparently if one buys a new computer, it or one of its successors with the same capabilities/ intent will be on it...

                hmm...

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 6, 2013
                  > > I don't use window$, but if that's true, it's just one more reason
                  > > I'm glad I don't use it!
                  >
                  > apparently if one buys a new computer, it or one of its successors
                  > with the same capabilities/ intent will be on it...

                  You can buy a computer without Windows. Also, it's cheaper.

                  Also, new computer often is bought because new Windows and antiviruses
                  demand more hardware - more RAM, faster processor. Free operating systems
                  needn't any antivirus and are less voracious.
                • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 7, 2013
                    Lena, I find this interesting. If it's not a Windows OS computer, it has to be a Mac, right? But that's not going to be cheaper. Or are you saying there is a 3rd choice?

                    Cindy in Ohio
                    Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                    http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 7, 2013

                      thank you !
                      sounds good to me !

                      adds

                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                       because those who mind don't matter
                      and those who matter don't mind.
                      ~ Dr. Seuss

                      > > I don't use window$, but if that's true, it's just one more reason
                      > > I'm glad I don't use it!
                      >
                      > apparently if one buys a new computer, it or one of its successors
                      > with the same capabilities/ intent will be on it...

                      You can buy a computer without Windows. Also, it's cheaper.

                      Also, new computer often is bought because new Windows and antiviruses
                      demand more hardware - more RAM, faster processor. Free operating systems
                      needn't any antivirus and are less voracious.

                          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                    • Shal Farley
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 8, 2013
                        Cindy,

                        > Lena, I find this interesting. If it's not a Windows OS computer, it has
                        > to be a Mac, right? But that's not going to be cheaper. Or are you
                        > saying there is a 3rd choice?

                        There's a multitude of choices, but the most popular (once you get past Windows and Mac) are versions of Linux (itself derivative of UNIX).

                        One that has a pretty good reputation for out-of-the-box ease of use (for "the rest of us", as Apple famously said) is Ubuntu.
                        < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28operating_system%29 >

                        It is distributed for free, and will run comfortably on any PC which could run Windows. One of its advantages is that it will run comfortably on low-end or older generation PCs, which can save you money on hardware.

                        Or, if you want to go really bare-bones, and your only need is webmail (such as Yahoo Mail), web browsing and web applications, there are the Chromebooks -- which are essentially Internet appliances. These do have a bias towards gmail as your email service, as the Chrome browser and Chrome OS were developed by Google, but I use Yahoo! Mail via the Chrome browser with no problems.
                        < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook >

                        -- Shal
                      • lena_kiev
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 8, 2013
                          > From: Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...>

                          > If it's not a Windows OS computer, it has to be a Mac, right?

                          The person who told you the phrase "Windows OS computer" deceived you.
                          There isn't such thing. Your current computer is correctly called
                          "IBM PC compatible" and can be used with any of free operating systems
                          instead of Windows:
                          FreeBSD and its derivatives such as
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GhostBSD ,
                          multiple GNU/Linux variants (for example Ubuntu or
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint ),
                          OpenBSD, NetBSD, OpenSolaris,
                          some less known operating systems such as Haiku.
                          And even pirated Mac OS X.

                          And vice versa: contemporary computers made by Apple (Mac)
                          can can be used with Windows, FreeBSD and other operating systems
                          instead of Mac OS X.

                          I use FreeBSD on usual computers with Athlon 64 with 512M RAM (mine)
                          and Sempron with 256M RAM (my mother's). Intel processors also are
                          supported by all abovementioned free operating systems.
                          Antivirus, anti-malware, anti-spyware are necessary only if you use Windows.
                          GhostBSD, Ubuntu and Linux Mint are easier
                          to install and set up than plain FreeBSD.

                          Lena
                        • Sasafrass452
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 8, 2013
                            I'm a Linux user, & I have PCLinuxOS. It's a "rolling" distribution, which means future versions of the OS don't require a fresh installation :) And it's free, as well :)