Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail Plus Problems

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013
      I don't there is a limit.

      Download the Windows 8 app though, it's pretty good. However, I'm not sure if it lets you create folders.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013
        I have the Windows 8 app but my Outlook account opened automatically. Could I include a gmail and a yahoo account or is it limited to one account?

        I set up the Outlook account before I got my new laptop so I would have a MS account for the MS apps. I know that I did not have to for hubby is using his Yahoo account. I am using the MS information for my laptop. I may have to share the information with tech people if needed and I do not want to share my gmail or my yahoo account with anyone!

        Now there may be a way for another to use my laptop only known to technicians but I do not know that much about this new OS.

        Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
        Tulsa, OK

        Don't cry because it's over,
        smile because it happened.

        Sent Via My iPhone

      • adeomus ********
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013

          is it true that windows 8 will track all of one's downloads ?

          Be who you are and say what you feel
           because those who mind don't matter
          and those who matter don't mind.
          ~ Dr. Seuss

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2013
            I don't use window$, but if that's true, it's just one more reason I'm glad I don't use it!

            **Sasafrass452**
            http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

            Download the Windows 8 app though, it's pretty good. However, I'm not sure if it lets you create folders.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8

            Well it is my turn to have problems!! I just read from adeomus that there was an update. Well that update may be giving me problems! I just got a new Windows 8 laptop Monday. I am still trying to learn the PC. I wonder if there is something that I need to activate to be able to use Ymail. I have been trying to create a folder in my email and for the life of me I can not!

            Is there a limit to how many folder Ymail will let you have?

            Donna Lee
            Tulsa, OK

          • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2013
              Ran into the same problem earlier this week and tried both the keyboard shortcut and a simple click to no avail. Sat down next day and low and behold, there the new folder was. Why? Haven't the foggiest but I do know that all is not well with this latest "upgrade" and it seems to be a work in motion. Again, we are the test group!! Wish they would quit upgrading and just leave well enough alone.

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2013
                never heard of that, so I don't know. I somehow doubt it.

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 6, 2013

                  apparently if one buys a new computer, it or one of its successors with the same capabilities/ intent will be on it...

                  hmm...

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 6, 2013
                    > > I don't use window$, but if that's true, it's just one more reason
                    > > I'm glad I don't use it!
                    >
                    > apparently if one buys a new computer, it or one of its successors
                    > with the same capabilities/ intent will be on it...

                    You can buy a computer without Windows. Also, it's cheaper.

                    Also, new computer often is bought because new Windows and antiviruses
                    demand more hardware - more RAM, faster processor. Free operating systems
                    needn't any antivirus and are less voracious.
                  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 7, 2013
                      Lena, I find this interesting. If it's not a Windows OS computer, it has to be a Mac, right? But that's not going to be cheaper. Or are you saying there is a 3rd choice?

                      Cindy in Ohio
                      Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                      http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 7, 2013

                        thank you !
                        sounds good to me !

                        adds

                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                         because those who mind don't matter
                        and those who matter don't mind.
                        ~ Dr. Seuss

                        > > I don't use window$, but if that's true, it's just one more reason
                        > > I'm glad I don't use it!
                        >
                        > apparently if one buys a new computer, it or one of its successors
                        > with the same capabilities/ intent will be on it...

                        You can buy a computer without Windows. Also, it's cheaper.

                        Also, new computer often is bought because new Windows and antiviruses
                        demand more hardware - more RAM, faster processor. Free operating systems
                        needn't any antivirus and are less voracious.

                            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      • Shal Farley
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 8, 2013
                          Cindy,

                          > Lena, I find this interesting. If it's not a Windows OS computer, it has
                          > to be a Mac, right? But that's not going to be cheaper. Or are you
                          > saying there is a 3rd choice?

                          There's a multitude of choices, but the most popular (once you get past Windows and Mac) are versions of Linux (itself derivative of UNIX).

                          One that has a pretty good reputation for out-of-the-box ease of use (for "the rest of us", as Apple famously said) is Ubuntu.
                          < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28operating_system%29 >

                          It is distributed for free, and will run comfortably on any PC which could run Windows. One of its advantages is that it will run comfortably on low-end or older generation PCs, which can save you money on hardware.

                          Or, if you want to go really bare-bones, and your only need is webmail (such as Yahoo Mail), web browsing and web applications, there are the Chromebooks -- which are essentially Internet appliances. These do have a bias towards gmail as your email service, as the Chrome browser and Chrome OS were developed by Google, but I use Yahoo! Mail via the Chrome browser with no problems.
                          < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook >

                          -- Shal
                        • lena_kiev
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 8, 2013
                            > From: Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...>

                            > If it's not a Windows OS computer, it has to be a Mac, right?

                            The person who told you the phrase "Windows OS computer" deceived you.
                            There isn't such thing. Your current computer is correctly called
                            "IBM PC compatible" and can be used with any of free operating systems
                            instead of Windows:
                            FreeBSD and its derivatives such as
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GhostBSD ,
                            multiple GNU/Linux variants (for example Ubuntu or
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint ),
                            OpenBSD, NetBSD, OpenSolaris,
                            some less known operating systems such as Haiku.
                            And even pirated Mac OS X.

                            And vice versa: contemporary computers made by Apple (Mac)
                            can can be used with Windows, FreeBSD and other operating systems
                            instead of Mac OS X.

                            I use FreeBSD on usual computers with Athlon 64 with 512M RAM (mine)
                            and Sempron with 256M RAM (my mother's). Intel processors also are
                            supported by all abovementioned free operating systems.
                            Antivirus, anti-malware, anti-spyware are necessary only if you use Windows.
                            GhostBSD, Ubuntu and Linux Mint are easier
                            to install and set up than plain FreeBSD.

                            Lena
                          • Sasafrass452
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 8, 2013
                              I'm a Linux user, & I have PCLinuxOS. It's a "rolling" distribution, which means future versions of the OS don't require a fresh installation :) And it's free, as well :)