Re: Deleted or Moved Mail is "reappearing" in my Inbox in Mail Plus

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2013
      Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing, intermittently. I sent feedback about it, but the fact is, I'd rather have them do this than to have messages disappear without reason. I imagine the reason deleting and moving doesn't work from time to time is that some action is being taken on Yahoo Mail and the programmers are trying to make sure all mail is delivered throughout without interruption. I try to accept this problem, and am more successful at accepting it than some of the other problems - especially the attach-only-one-attachment-at-a-time problem and the menu-bar-scrolls-with-everything-else problem!

      Robin

      -------

      Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 am (PST) . Posted by:

      "Bill T" bill_t_08012

      Over the last few weeks I have had a daily problem with emails that I either delete from my inbox or move to another folder. They appear to be gone from my inbox until I refresh my inbox and they are still there.

      Usually (but not always) the second time I try it, it works. I know that what I am doing is what I have done for years to accomplish this and it is a pretty simple procedure but lately this keeps re-occuring and is very aggravating. I am on Mail Plus and IE version 9.

      Is anyone else experiencing this?

    • Jason M.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2013
        I had the same problem even before the "upgrade".  Then and now, deleted e-mails are still returning, already marked read, in my "Inbox".

        The upgrade has, however, fixed the problem of read-and-deleted e-mails showing up unread-and-boldfaced in my "Trash" folder.

        -Jason

        I haven't had the problem with moved mail, but it happens for me with deleted mail. Ever since the "new improved" email came out, this has been a problem for me also. Very annoying to have to double delete email all the time.

        Over the last few weeks I have had a daily problem with emails that I either delete from my inbox or move to another folder. They appear to be gone from my inbox until I refresh my inbox and they are still there.

        Usually (but not always) the second time I try it, it works. I know that what I am doing is what I have done for years to accomplish this and it is a pretty simple procedure but lately this keeps re-occuring and is very aggravating. I am on Mail Plus and IE version 9.

        Is anyone else experiencing this?

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Bill T
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
          It would be easier to accept if it did not happen so frequently. I see a lot of complaints posted in this forum that I have not experienced so I should feel fortunate. However, the "improvements" that Yahoo makes often cause more problems than the so-called benefits.

          I use Mail Plus and although it is only $19.99 a year, it leaves a lot to be desired.

          Bill.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel wrote:

          > Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing, intermittently. I sent feedback about it, but the fact is, I'd rather have them do this than to have messages disappear without reason. I imagine the reason deleting and moving doesn't work from time to time is that some action is being taken on Yahoo Mail and the programmers are trying to make sure all mail is delivered throughout without interruption. I try to accept this problem, and am more successful at accepting it than some of the other problems - especially the attach-only-one-attachment-at-a-time problem and the menu-bar-scrolls-with-everything-else problem!
          >

          > Robin
          >

          > -------
          >
          > Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 am (PST) . Posted by:
          > "Bill T" bill_t_08012
          > Over the last few weeks I have had a daily problem with
          > emails that I either delete from my inbox or move to another folder.
          > They appear to be gone from my inbox until I refresh my inbox and they
          > are still there.
          >
          > Usually (but not always) the second time I try it, it works. I know that
          > what I am doing is what I have done for years to accomplish this and it
          > is a pretty simple procedure but lately this keeps re-occuring and is
          > very aggravating. I am on Mail Plus and IE version 9.
          >
          > Is anyone else experiencing this?

        • Donna Lee
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
            I don't understand these problems with Yahoo Web Mail. I too pay $19.99 for my account. When I delete an email I empty my trash folder before I leave my email. They have never returned..... I have always used Yahoo web mail on the web.

            My biggest problem this year has been Yahoo's security! There is a new setting that disallows people in I Internet cafe's from logging into my account. Knock on wood - that will stop someone else hacking into my account!!

            (I do not have any key logger program for my security programs would stop them.)

            Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
            Tulsa, OK

            Don't cry because it's over,
            smile because it happened.

            Sent Via My iPhone

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
              the problem with yahoo mail plus is that over the years, the benefits of paying have reduced more and more over the years. Shame, as people would pay for a genuinely premium product, but not for a minimally different product without adverts.

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 28, 2013
                I agree!

                Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡