Please update ★ HOW TO SETUP IMAP

  • Tom Sisson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      The information for IMAP for desktop clients is not correct for yahoo.com email addresses in the USA.

      Just as POP for Yahoo! mail in the USA is only available on a desktop client if you have a subscription, IMAP is only available on a desktop client if you have a subscription.

      The IMAP settings given in the page linked to on the front page are the correct IMAP settings for desktop clients. Additionally, Yahoo IMAP does not have any apparent differences from any other IMAP server on a desktop client.

      I do not work for Yahoo! nor do I know the following as facts, but this is logically a likely and reasonable conclusion. It may be that if you have set up IMAP on a smart phone, that you are able to access it from a desktop client as well. This may be because the agreement between your carrier, and app store, opens IMAP in order for you phone to access email. You are likely paying for a subscription through the fees paid for the mail app on your phone and your mobile phone service.

      I personally wish that Yahoo! would permit free IMAP access for everyone with a very large quota like Google, but they are not Google.

      Thanks,
      Thomas Sisson