Compose, Reply and Send Buttons do not appear on Yahoo Mail

  • Eileen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
      On Monday 14th Jan, my Compose, Reply and Send buttons disappeared from Yahoo Mail and it looks different. When I contacted Technical Support, they emailed me and told me that I must have made changes or must have an unsupported browser, which is rubbish because I have had no problems up to then and had not made any changes or had any updates over the weekend.

      Since this problem began, I have tried Yahoo on a number of different computers, browsers and operating systems and the problem is exactly the same, so it is not related specifically to my computer. Neither had I made any changes since the last time it was working properly - I have told them this on a number of occasions over the past two days but they just send me fix-it emails, which is very frustrating since it is a coding problem on Yahoo's side.

      Exactly the same problem has happened to numerous Yahoo customers around the world and it is related to a change which Yahoo itself made to the coding. Earlier instances of the problem were reported to have been solved by Yahoo in other locations where the problem occurred. There was an announcement in December 2012 in which Yahoo said they were rolling out new improvements to Yahoo mail, so this problem is obviously related to this.

      Is anyone else experiencing problems like with their Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Technical Service?

      Eileen
    • karenborga@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
        I noticed clicking the message subject line is intermittent at opening the email message.

        If I remember to click on the sender's name, the messages consistently open.

        Karen

        ***

        ...Is anyone else experiencing problems like with their Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Technical Service?

        Eileen

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      • NancyJ
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
          Everything wrong with the new yahoo mail is "the browser's fault" so there you have it.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Eileen" wrote:

          > On Monday 14th Jan, my Compose, Reply and Send buttons disappeared from Yahoo Mail and it looks different. When I contacted Technical Support, they emailed me and told me that I must have made changes or must have an unsupported browser, which is rubbish because I have had no problems up to then and had not made any changes or had any updates over the weekend.
          >
          > Since this problem began, I have tried Yahoo on a number of different computers, browsers and operating systems and the problem is exactly the same, so it is not related specifically to my computer. Neither had I made any changes since the last time it was working properly - I have told them this on a number of occasions over the past two days but they just send me fix-it emails, which is very frustrating since it is a coding problem on Yahoo's side.
          >
          > Exactly the same problem has happened to numerous Yahoo customers around the world and it is related to a change which Yahoo itself made to the coding. Earlier instances of the problem were reported to have been solved by Yahoo in other locations where the problem occurred. There was an announcement in December 2012 in which Yahoo said they were rolling out new improvements to Yahoo mail, so this problem is obviously related to this.
          >
          > Is anyone else experiencing problems like with their Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Technical Service?
          >
          > Eileen

        • Donna Lee
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
          • 19 KB
          I have mine showing up with arrows. The left arrow is reply the two arrows is reply all the the arrow point to the right is forward.

          I hope that this is helpful. Check your settings on how you want your email to open.

          Donna Ford Lee
          Tulsa, OK

          Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2013
            Yahoo customer service/support sucks!

            They blamed me for a "dirty PC" when all along my PC is CLEAN! Then a story comes out later that they are to blame for lack of security!

            Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
            Tulsa, OK

            Don't cry because it's over,
            smile because it happened.