Re: [Y-Mail] face book hacking

  • Donna Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2013
      Same here Meg. I never have a problem with Facebook. I do get email from Huckabee and my Tea Party pages but I choose to receive those. I do not click on ads nor do I play FB games.

      When I get a post that some one has played a game I hide it forever nor do I accept any apps from the app center.

      Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
      Tulsa, OK

      Don't cry because it's over,
      smile because it happened.

      Sent Via My iPhone

      On Jan 13, 2013, at 1:50 PM, wordsletters@... wrote:

      > I don't get any spam but I don't read the ads, or go into the games, I don't visit other sites thru FB at all, in fact there is a religious site I get daily posts from and I'm not having trouble with unwanted mail. Only chat to folks I know, not signing onto joke places and the like.
      >
      > Also, I clicked on the X in the ads and deleted them and they haven't come back, don't need shoes or restaurants.
      >
      > Thanks for listening,
      >
      > Meg

    • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
        Donna, would you explain more about "getting a post that someone has played a game?" What do you mean by "hide it forever?"

        When I first joined FB, I did accept some game invitations from friends, then learned about the implications of playing. I don't play games there anymore, but would like to know more about keeping my info from being involved.

        Thanks, Cindy

        Cindy in Ohio
        Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
        http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
          When someone plays a game on Facebook it shows up on the FB home. There is an arrow just to the right of the post click on the arrow to hide game only. You will still get posts that are important.

          Anyone that plays a game it automatically shows up on the home page. It is not because they have selected you.

          Now if someone recommends you for a game you can go to the main app page and select ignore all from that particular game and they will not show up again. When you see the notice at the top right you go to the app page on the left column. Not being on my laptop right now I may not be explaining it right.

          I think you will be able to figure it out in time. :)

          Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          Don't cry because it's over,
          smile because it happened.