Problem with multiple ccs

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2013
      Last night got several emails from parents in our school about an issue. When I tried to reply to everyone (about 300 cc) would not let me. Just says "your message could not be sent." No explanation. Tried switching between rich/plain text, same issue.

      In fact, when I even reply to one person (who is in my contacts) I get a prevent spam box that I have to fill the code in.

      Can anyone explain what is going on? Was hoping it would be cleared up by today, Noon Eastern but clearly still an issue.

      Thank you
    • km
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2013
        I *think* that you can only send a message to 99 or 100 people at a time.

        When I was working at a school, we did a lot of this type massive "email" through yahoogroups.  We set it for announcements only and it worked great for those times we needed to "get the word out" about major things.

        If it is the same people and yahoogroups isn't for you, try making a group in your contact list of 99 or less people and give it a name - "1school"- then the next 99 "2school" etc.  When you get ready to send an email you can just type "1school" in the Bcc (if you don't want everyone to see everyone elses email addresses) .  Then COPY the email. After you send it, open the new email and do the same thing, putting "2school" in the bcc and pasting the email.  Continue until it is complete.

        Kathy

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • adeomus ********
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2013

          as a group owner i had that problem a couple of years ago...sometimes it would not let me send to three parties at once.
          THREE, lol...thought i was spam !

          i complained to yahoo ( they still gave me tech support at the time), and they fixed it.

          Be who you are and say what you feel
           because those who mind don't matter
          and those who matter don't mind.
          ~ Dr. Seuss

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2013
            Thanks, really frustrating is that it also impacts my mobile. I am unable to reply from mobile, puts all emails in "drafts." Have sent several messages to tech support and will call tomorrow.

            -Steven