Re: Loss of multiple attachment mechanism

  • Ginger CD
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2013
      I asked back before Christmas and never received a reply. Obviously they don't care! I strongly miss that capability.

      Ginger
      Pittsburgh, PA

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gary K" wrote:

      > Prior to the recent redesign, Y-Mail allowed multiple attachments, but this mechanism was lost after the redesign.
      >
      > Has anyone specifically asked Y-Mail authorities why this mechanism was disabled, and what are the plans to restore it?
      >
      > If so, please amplify.
      >
      > If not, tell me where, and I'll ask myself.
      >
      > The loss of productivity from being unable to use the Ctrl-Key to select multiple attachments would not seem to be something the Y-Mail architects would want.
      >
      > They did restore the bolded headers and colored dots to unread messages, so maybe they will restore the multiple attachment mechanism if enough targeted requests are made.
      >
      > TIA,
      > Gary

    • NancyJ
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2013
        I did as well. Any questions I sent to yahoo directly were unanswered

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger CD" wrote:

        > I asked back before Christmas and never received a reply. Obviously they don't care! I strongly miss that capability.
        >
        > Ginger
        > Pittsburgh, PA
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gary K" wrote:
        > >
        > > Prior to the recent redesign, Y-Mail allowed multiple attachments, but this mechanism was lost after the redesign.
        > >
        > > Has anyone specifically asked Y-Mail authorities why this mechanism was disabled, and what are the plans to restore it?
        > >
        > > If so, please amplify.
        > >
        > > If not, tell me where, and I'll ask myself.
        > >
        > > The loss of productivity from being unable to use the Ctrl-Key to select multiple attachments would not seem to be something the Y-Mail architects would want.
        > >
        > > They did restore the bolded headers and colored dots to unread messages, so maybe they will restore the multiple attachment mechanism if enough targeted requests are made.
        > >
        > > TIA,
        > > Gary

      • jimntempe
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
          Maybe others have already commented and I didn't see it but I've been able to do multiple attachments. Either one at a time and then the next one or several at the same time. The difference from the old system seems to be that it no longer shows each attachment individually as they upload or when it's done. It just shows a count "3 attachments" over toward the left edge of the message.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "NancyJ" wrote:

          > I did as well. Any questions I sent to yahoo directly were unanswered
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger CD" wrote:
          > >
          > > I asked back before Christmas and never received a reply. Obviously they don't care! I strongly miss that capability.
          > >
          > > Ginger
          > > Pittsburgh, PA
          > >
          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gary K" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Prior to the recent redesign, Y-Mail allowed multiple attachments, but this mechanism was lost after the redesign.
          > > >
          > > > Has anyone specifically asked Y-Mail authorities why this mechanism was disabled, and what are the plans to restore it?
          > > >
          > > > If so, please amplify.
          > > >
          > > > If not, tell me where, and I'll ask myself.
          > > >
          > > > The loss of productivity from being unable to use the Ctrl-Key to select multiple attachments would not seem to be something the Y-Mail architects would want.
          > > >
          > > > They did restore the bolded headers and colored dots to unread messages, so maybe they will restore the multiple attachment mechanism if enough targeted requests are made.
          > > >
          > > > TIA,
          > > > Gary

        • NancyJ
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
            How? I see you can put on multiples but only one at a time.
            Honestly this long, its a lost cause as far as I am concerned.
            I am just cleaning out what is important to keep by printing to a PDF.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jimntempe" wrote:

            > Maybe others have already commented and I didn't see it but I've been able to do multiple attachments. Either one at a time and then the next one or several at the same time. The difference from the old system seems to be that it no longer shows each attachment individually as they upload or when it's done. It just shows a count "3 attachments" over toward the left edge of the message.
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "NancyJ" wrote:
            > >
            > > I did as well. Any questions I sent to yahoo directly were unanswered
            > >
            > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger CD" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I asked back before Christmas and never received a reply. Obviously they don't care! I strongly miss that capability.
            > > >
            > > > Ginger
            > > > Pittsburgh, PA

          • Robin Siegel
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 11, 2013
              I have seen some improvement since updating my Firefox version (at least Yahoo is staying loaded) but still no change to the attachment thing, nor the page formatting (the blue menu bar should stay still while the inbox and folder contents scroll - same with message contents). I can attach one attachment at a time, but not select more than one to attach at the same time. I use gmail now and will probably migrate there over time.

              Robin Siegel

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2013
                That does not work for me. Every time i try to attach multiple photos, I can't click in folder more than one at a time. In old mail I could click on 5 or more all would load at one time,

                Ginger

                Ginger