Re: Yahoo mail down again?

  • Beadnik
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 28, 2012
      I have been using gmail since it's inception, and I like most of it a lot. One thing I didn't like was their way of threading emails... I found I missed emails because they were somehow threaded inside others, so I turned that feature off. I really like being able to use groups in contacts, because I have a number of different mailing groups, and it makes it so easy to not have to look for each individual's email address. I also like that when you put the first 3 letters or so into the "To:" section of an email, it presents a short list of options to click on. These features may also be available in Yahoo mail... not sure because I never used them there. I do not do any filtering or sorting of incoming emails, so not sure how Gmail addresses that.

      I have chosen to use two main email addresses. My gmail is for family and friends, my Yahoo mail is for everything else. I also have one Yahoo address that I use as a filing system for recipes.... works great!

      So far I am still on the classic version... not really looking forward to the switch, but I followed someone's suggestion on this list and have bookmarked my classic inbox... not sure if it will work once I get switched over to the 'new and improved' version.. we'll see.
      JB

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

      > I have yahoo, gmail and Outlook.com email.  Outlook is set up like Yahoo.  Gmail's structure is different and I didn't like it at all.
      >

      > In His Grip,
      > Paula Barger
      > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
      >

      > >________________________________

    • Henrique Junior
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 29, 2012
        I'm using Yahoo Mail less and less and I have to admit that this new interface was a very bad idea.
        Maybe, I'm leaving Yahoo very soon. I have not decided yet if I'll move to GMail or to Outlook. For now, I'm using Gmail because of google drive but I'll take a look at Skydrive prices and see if it is a good idea.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior

        Likewise, I've started using Outlook as well. It's really great - a bit more familiar to yahoo yet has all that nested multi-label capabilities mentioned below. And its integration of contacts with twitter and facebook, as well as facebook chat, is second to none and surpasses Gmail.

        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

      • adeomus ********
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 29, 2012

          sooooooo...all this is superior to yahoo classic mail how exactly ?

          Be who you are and say what you feel
           because those who mind don't matter
          and those who matter don't mind.
          ~ Dr. Seuss

          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

          I don't know and am taking advantage of the opportunity to sift through and organize stuff I take over. Gmail has a folder structure and a label structure and it is all rather unique - you should read up on it as i cannot do it justice. It allows you to nest layers as well as assign multiple "locations" to one email.

          So it is not a true folder in the classic sense but rather a queryable kind of database thing I think. I want to make sure to use it right because I can see the power -- that and threading together emails.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "williamkisse" <wkisse@...> wrote:

          > Yes, down AGAIN!
          >
          > I wonder how easy it is to migrate all my folders to Gmail?

        • David Boey
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 30, 2012
            I am entering the 4th week of not being able to access my YAHOO! Mail account. I ave been transitioning mails to Gmail and entering the new year with Gmail. I am still receiving this message from YAHOO support (the last one was last week) and I understand this phenomenon is affecting Asian countries:
            " It is taking longer than usual to resolve your issue with Yahoo! Mail. I truly apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

            Although we cannot offer an estimated time to when this problem will be fixed, please be assured that our engineers are still working on the issue. We will keep you informed as soon as we have more information.

            Sincerely,
            The Yahoo! Customer Care Team "

            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

            I don't know and am taking advantage of the opportunity to sift through and organize stuff I take over. Gmail has a folder structure and a label structure and it is all rather unique - you should read up on it as i cannot do it justice. It allows you to nest layers as well as assign multiple "locations" to one email.

            So it is not a true folder in the classic sense but rather a queryable kind of database thing I think. I want to make sure to use it right because I can see the power -- that and threading together emails.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "williamkisse" <wkisse@...> wrote:

            > Yes, down AGAIN!
            >
            > I wonder how easy it is to migrate all my folders to Gmail?

          • NancyJ
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 30, 2012
              Is anybody claiming that it IS? Do you not think most of us with problems would stay with the new yahoo if we could "go back"?

              > sooooooo...all this is superior to yahoo classic mail how exactly ?
              >
              > Be who you are and say what you feel
              >  because those who mind don't matter
              > and those who matter don't mind.
              > ~ Dr. Seuss

            • km
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 31, 2012
                I don't know if this link will still work- : http://us.mc598.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

                I did read that disabling javascript may be needed to make the switch, the re-launch it.  I don't know, and frankly I am afraid to try it out.  ;)

                Kathy

                    Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

              • adeomus ********
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 31, 2012