Re: Yahoo mail down again?

  • NancyJ
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 27, 2012
      Glad it is working for you. Based on the yahoo mail page once you get flipped over (which was done behind our backs) there is no going back. Old changes gave you a choice.

      > i have not had yahoo down at any point, and i am on it almost every evening.
      > i wonder if something else may be your problem ?
      >
      > but, i have no idea if this impacts anything or not
      >  ( though reading complaints about the changes in new mail i think it might),
      > i am still adamantly with Classic mail
      > and utterly happy.
      >
      > “Be who you are and say what you feel
      > because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss

    • Paula Barger
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 27, 2012
        I have yahoo, gmail and Outlook.com email.  Outlook is set up like Yahoo.  Gmail's structure is different and I didn't like it at all.

        In His Grip,
        Paula Barger

        "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7

        I don't know and am taking advantage of the opportunity to sift through and organize stuff I take over. Gmail has a folder structure and a label structure and it is all rather unique - you should read up on it as i cannot do it justice. It allows you to nest layers as well as assign multiple "locations" to one email.

        So it is not a true folder in the classic sense but rather a queryable kind of database thing I think. I want to make sure to use it right because I can see the power -- that and threading together emails.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "williamkisse" <wkisse@...> wrote:

        > Yes, down AGAIN!
        >
        > I wonder how easy it is to migrate all my folders to Gmail?

      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 27, 2012
          williamkisse,

          > Yes, down AGAIN!
          >
          > I wonder how easy it is to migrate all my folders to Gmail?

          They made it pretty easy for my wife to switch from our ISP webmail when we abandoned Verizon.
          <https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164640&rd=1>

          -- Shal
        • bahnbino@juno.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 27, 2012
            If you're saying you're still using classic mail, or anything other than the recently updated version than yes you should have no problems. Unfortunately once they update you there is no going back...

            Please note: message attached

            From: adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>
            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo mail down again?
            Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:22:31 -0800 (PST)

            Woman is 57 But Looks 27
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50dd280f96b4280e3a04st03duc
          • Gabriele Pollara
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 28, 2012
              Likewise, I've started using Outlook as well. It's really great - a bit more familiar to yahoo yet has all that nested multi-label capabilities mentioned below. And its integration of contacts with twitter and facebook, as well as facebook chat, is second to none and surpasses Gmail.

              To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 28, 2012
                Open to Outlook (which I thought was just the program which we use at work but understand it is an MS email service now as well though I am confused because hotmail is also MS)

                Gmail does actually ahve multi-label nesting capabilities as well though I am just mucking my way through them slowly.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gabriele Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

                > Likewise, I've started using Outlook as well. It's really great - a bit more familiar to yahoo yet has all that nested multi-label capabilities mentioned below. And its integration of contacts with twitter and facebook, as well as facebook chat, is second to none and surpasses Gmail.
                >

                > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                > From: paulabbc@...
                > Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 18:42:08 -0800
                > Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo mail down again?
                >

                > I have yahoo, gmail and Outlook.com email. Outlook is set up like Yahoo. Gmail's structure is different and I didn't like it at all.
                >

                > In His Grip,
                > Paula Barger"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

              • Beadnik
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 28, 2012
                  I have been using gmail since it's inception, and I like most of it a lot. One thing I didn't like was their way of threading emails... I found I missed emails because they were somehow threaded inside others, so I turned that feature off. I really like being able to use groups in contacts, because I have a number of different mailing groups, and it makes it so easy to not have to look for each individual's email address. I also like that when you put the first 3 letters or so into the "To:" section of an email, it presents a short list of options to click on. These features may also be available in Yahoo mail... not sure because I never used them there. I do not do any filtering or sorting of incoming emails, so not sure how Gmail addresses that.

                  I have chosen to use two main email addresses. My gmail is for family and friends, my Yahoo mail is for everything else. I also have one Yahoo address that I use as a filing system for recipes.... works great!

                  So far I am still on the classic version... not really looking forward to the switch, but I followed someone's suggestion on this list and have bookmarked my classic inbox... not sure if it will work once I get switched over to the 'new and improved' version.. we'll see.
                  JB

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

                  > I have yahoo, gmail and Outlook.com email.  Outlook is set up like Yahoo.  Gmail's structure is different and I didn't like it at all.
                  >

                  > In His Grip,
                  > Paula Barger
                  > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
                  >

                  > >________________________________

                • Henrique Junior
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 29, 2012
                    I'm using Yahoo Mail less and less and I have to admit that this new interface was a very bad idea.
                    Maybe, I'm leaving Yahoo very soon. I have not decided yet if I'll move to GMail or to Outlook. For now, I'm using Gmail because of google drive but I'll take a look at Skydrive prices and see if it is a good idea.

                    --
                    Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                    http://about.me/henriquejunior

                    To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

                  • adeomus ********
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 29, 2012

                      sooooooo...all this is superior to yahoo classic mail how exactly ?

                      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

                      I don't know and am taking advantage of the opportunity to sift through and organize stuff I take over. Gmail has a folder structure and a label structure and it is all rather unique - you should read up on it as i cannot do it justice. It allows you to nest layers as well as assign multiple "locations" to one email.

                      So it is not a true folder in the classic sense but rather a queryable kind of database thing I think. I want to make sure to use it right because I can see the power -- that and threading together emails.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "williamkisse" <wkisse@...> wrote:

                      > Yes, down AGAIN!
                      >
                      > I wonder how easy it is to migrate all my folders to Gmail?

                    • David Boey
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 30, 2012
                        I am entering the 4th week of not being able to access my YAHOO! Mail account. I ave been transitioning mails to Gmail and entering the new year with Gmail. I am still receiving this message from YAHOO support (the last one was last week) and I understand this phenomenon is affecting Asian countries:
                        " It is taking longer than usual to resolve your issue with Yahoo! Mail. I truly apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

                        Although we cannot offer an estimated time to when this problem will be fixed, please be assured that our engineers are still working on the issue. We will keep you informed as soon as we have more information.

                        Sincerely,
                        The Yahoo! Customer Care Team "

                        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 30, 2012
                          Is anybody claiming that it IS? Do you not think most of us with problems would stay with the new yahoo if we could "go back"?

                          > sooooooo...all this is superior to yahoo classic mail how exactly ?
                          >
                          > Be who you are and say what you feel
                          >  because those who mind don't matter
                          > and those who matter don't mind.
                          > ~ Dr. Seuss

                        • km
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 31, 2012
                            I don't know if this link will still work- : http://us.mc598.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

                            I did read that disabling javascript may be needed to make the switch, the re-launch it.  I don't know, and frankly I am afraid to try it out.  ;)

                            Kathy

                                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                          • adeomus ********
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 31, 2012