Re: [Y-Mail] Re: YAHOO MAIL KEEPS SIGNING ME OUT AND ASKING PASSWORD E VERY FEW SECONDS

  • bahnbino@juno.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 25, 2012
      I'm wondering if maybe it is a Windows 7 thing. I do not have a smartphone but on my feature phone it is fine and on my work PC, which is XP, it is fine, but not my home PC [Windows 7].

      Anyone agree?

      Please note: message attached

      From: Donna Lee <donna74128@...>
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: YAHOO MAIL KEEPS SIGNING ME OUT AND ASKING PASSWORD EVERY FEW SECONDS
      Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 10:45:44 -0600

      Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50da7dc7d07327dc70ae1st04duc
    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 26, 2012
        I have Win 7 on my laptop. No problem with Yahoo mail with me.

        My ISP is Cox Communications cable internet.

        Have a blessed day.
        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Sent Via My iPhone

        On Dec 26, 2012, at 4:31 AM, "bahnbino@..." <bahnbino@...> wrote:

        > I'm wondering if maybe it is a Windows 7 thing. I do not have a smartphone but on my feature phone it is fine and on my work PC, which is XP, it is fine, but not my home PC [Windows 7].
        >
        > Anyone agree?

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 26, 2012
          Win 7 is the operating system, IE is a browser *wink*

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

          I'm using Windows 7 (if that is Explorer)
          So far so good.
          Yahoo email is okay.

          Karen

          ****

          I'm wondering if maybe it is a Windows 7 thing. I do not have a smartphone but on my feature phone it is fine and on my work PC, which is XP, it is fine, but not my home PC [Windows 7].

          Anyone agree?

          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        • bahnbino@juno.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 26, 2012
            For me on Explorer it is stuck on a login page. The page never fully loads as it keeps refreshing; it is stuck in some sort of loop.

            On Firefox it lets me in but hen makes me re-log in as I was writing earlier.

            Please note: message attached

            From: "karenborga@..." <karenborga@...>
            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:13:07 +0000

            Woman is 53 But Looks 25
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50db7edd2d0217edd7757st04duc
          • NancyJ
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 26, 2012
              I am on Vista, actually the least problems I have had has been on an old XP computer running IE8.

              I was using IE9 - even switched to Chrome after the troubleshooting steps on IE quit working and I did not want to diable my virus program, sorry Yahoo.....besides it still was problematic.

              On Chrome-still issues but at least I can download emails (have to save to hard drive before I can read them, but better than nothing I guess)....

              Not one other thing I access on the web is causing so many headaches. And it does not seem there is any plan to fix the problems as I can tell. Shame.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2013
                I'm not sure if this is a true fix or not, BUT a Yahoo rep wrote me back and suggested disabling SSL, which has left me logged in all day on Firefox and I am able to log in on IE for the first time in over 2 weeks:

                "Some users find that if they can log in even briefly, disabling SSL can circumvent future occurrences of the issue."

                How to enable or disable SSL

                To turn on or off SSL:

                Go to Yahoo! Mail, click the gear icon (Gear Icon) in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Mail Options from the menu that appears.
                Click General at the left.
                At the bottom of the General menu at the right, check the box next to Turn on SSL, or uncheck it to disable SSL.
                Click Save.

                Please note: message attached

                From: "NancyJ" <jocoyn@...>
                To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 05:22:50 -0000

                Woman is 53 But Looks 25
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50e50dc98d7b7dc96ae3st04duc
              • NancyJ
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Wouldn't that be a bit of a security issue? Maybe ok at home on a secured network but in a public place on wifi?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
                    Yes not good for wifi [I thought it said that, sorry if not] but should be fine for home when you know where your connection is coming from, like for me.

                    Please note: message attached

                    From: "NancyJ" <jocoyn@...>
                    To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:04:15 -0000

                    New Diet Pill Sales Soar
                    New 'fast acting' diet pill flying off shelves admist consumer frenzy
                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50e5c15cedfbf415c64best01duc
                  • mjk4984
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
                      That is a work around. I actually discovered this on my own and reported it to Yahoo after I enabled SSL and found that I couldn't even get into Mail as it kept prompting me for my password over and over again. I finally managed to get in using Internet Explorer 8 to turn off SSL and then everything started working again.

                      The problem is that when SSL is enabled, Yahoo doesn't use SSL for everything on the mail page. It mixes and matches SSL and non-SSL, with SSL pages loading non-SSL content. This is a security no-no and many modern browser won't allow it. In fact if you use Firefox you can see all kind of errors show up in the Error console. This is why Yahoo Mail keeps asking you to log in.

                      Yes it's a privacy issue to not use SSL when viewing mail when on a public network (logging in is still SSL), but it's been a privacy risk for years anyway.

                      If you are out and about, you can either access the Yahoo Mail mobile site (which uses SSL) or manually change the http:// on the mail page to https://. That will use SSL for that one time.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 4, 2013
                        I only use my yahoo mail on my laptop at home but my phone everywhere using IMAP (I think)... I acutally get all my mails (yahoo,gmail) color coded in the same inbox on the phone (not the yahoo app) So changing SSL on the computer won't impact my phone security?

                        The phone is the only way right now I am reliably keeping up with my inbox.