Re: YAHOO MAIL KEEPS SIGNING ME OUT AND ASKING PASSWORD EVERY FEW SECONDS

  • jayant m
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
      Same problem. I find that it stops after a while but I don't know why it starts or why it stops.
      Jayant

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "cynchkc" <cynchkc@...> wrote:

      > This just started last December 10, 2012 when Yahoo Mail changed. I keep getting this message: "Sorry, your session has expired. To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically."
      >
      > Haven't changed any setting. Still "sign me out every 2 weeks". Cookies are enabled. Happening on both Firefox and Chrome. Cleared cache but still same result. This has never happened before. Yahoo Mail is my default email address so it's really frustrating. Pls. help!

    • cynchkc
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012
        hi shal,

        > Drat. A corrupted cookie, or some limitation in updating cookies, are
        > what I would have guessed. But having the problem in two browsers would
        > seem to make that unlikely.
        >
        > Even though the other person has no answers (yet), I think I'd go to the
        > "Yahoo! Mail" sub-category in Answers to report this to Yahoo. The other
        > person put their question in the "Notices and Errors" sub-sub-category;
        > I'd try "Password and Sign In" instead.
        >
        > -- Shal

        i sent the same question under "Password and Sign In", but next time I checked, my question was deleted and this is the message I saw: "Questions on Yahoo! Answers are sometimes deleted according to our Community Guidelines."

        still same problem at this moment. already emailed Yahoo and got this reply:

        "I understand you are being signed out from your Yahoo! Mail account every few minutes or seconds. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. I assure you that I will do what I can to help resolve your issue.
        Caught in a "login loop" where the sign-in box continues to reappear
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 21, 2012

          i had that a couple of years ago.
          darn, it was inconvenient for a multiple list owner !!!
          but thankfully all's been well since then.....
          in fact, i had a heck of a LOT of glitches back then,
          and it's been super now !

          Ekatn,
          may every fibre of my Being
          be infused with Your Essence...
          You looking through my eyes,
           ever and always, always and ever.

          > This just started last December 10, 2012 when Yahoo Mail changed.  I
          > keep getting this message: "Sorry, your session has expired. To
          > protect your account, you need to confirm your password
          > periodically."

          Looks like you're not the only one.

          "Why am I being asked for sign in info every 10 seconds?"
          <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121220134939AA7E36P>

          > Haven't changed any setting.  Still "sign me out every 2 weeks".
          > Cookies are enabled. Happening on both Firefox and Chrome.

          Drat. A corrupted cookie, or some limitation in updating cookies, are
          what I would have guessed. But having the problem in two browsers would
          seem to make that unlikely.

          Even though the other person has no answers (yet), I think I'd go to the
          "Yahoo! Mail" sub-category in Answers to report this to Yahoo. The other
          person put their question in the "Notices and Errors" sub-sub-category;
          I'd try "Password and Sign In" instead.

          -- Shal

              Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • cynchkc
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 23, 2012
            how was it resolved? really desperate.

            > i had that a couple of years ago.
            > darn, it was inconvenient for a multiple list owner !!!
            > but thankfully all's been well since then.....
            > in fact, i had a heck of a LOT of glitches back then,
            > and it's been super now !

          • cynchkc
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 23, 2012
              true, a few times i manage to read and reply to some emails for a few minutes, but it would log out again and then the whole cycle of signing in and being signed out and asked to enter my password every few seconds happen all over again :(. many times i can't even open yahoo mail at all. sign in page keeps appearing after i input my password and click Sign In. already checked Yahoo Help regarding looping, but was not resolved. Again, this only started last December 10th, 2012 when Yahoo changed.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jayant m" <jmurthy@...> wrote:

              > Same problem. I find that it stops after a while but I don't know why it starts or why it stops.
              > Jayant
            • MichaelB
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 24, 2012
                Has anyone had any luck with solving this issue?

                Also, when I can get in Yahoo mail it so much slower than before on Firefox, and I cannot login at all on IE as the page just loops.

                Anyone else had those issues?

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "cynchkc" <cynchkc@...> wrote:

                > true, a few times i manage to read and reply to some emails for a few minutes, but it would log out again and then the whole cycle of signing in and being signed out and asked to enter my password every few seconds happen all over again :(. many times i can't even open yahoo mail at all. sign in page keeps appearing after i input my password and click Sign In. already checked Yahoo Help regarding looping, but was not resolved. Again, this only started last December 10th, 2012 when Yahoo changed.
                >

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jayant m" <jmurthy@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Same problem. I find that it stops after a while but I don't know why it starts or why it stops.
                > > Jayant

              • Donna Lee
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 25, 2012
                  I don't have the problem in Firefox at all. I select to stay logged in for two weeks and have never had a problem.

                  Obviously I am using my iPhone now, but I don't have any problem's on my phone either.

                  Have a blessed day.
                  Donna Ford Lee
                  Tulsa, OK

                  Merry Christmas to all.

                  Sent Via My iPhone

                  On Dec 24, 2012, at 2:10 PM, "MichaelB" <bahnbino@...> wrote:

                  > Has anyone had any luck with solving this issue?
                  >
                  > Also, when I can get in Yahoo mail it so much slower than before on Firefox, and I cannot login at all on IE as the page just loops.
                  >
                  > Anyone else had those issues?
                • NancyJ
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 25, 2012
                    I have had the problem intermittently. For the past few days the only way I can see incoming emails is on my phone. It won't connect at all on the computer.