Re: [Y-Mail] View unread messages in updated (Dec. 2012) Yahoo mail

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012

      Just above the 'from' column it says 'sort by date' as a default with an arrow next to it. If you click on that, you'll find the sort options, which includes 'unread' as a sort option. It's an annoying and unnecessary, IMO, extra step to sorting the columns.

      By the way, I still see a purple dot, rather than square, for unread messages - are you not seeing even that?

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Alex B" <aboysen1@...> wrote:

        > The purple square in the inbox has disappeared. How do I view unread emails?

        Click where it says SORT BY DATE and change it to Unread.

        Also, the down arrow next to the selection box column header allows you to select particular messages rather than just all or none. You can now select Unread, Starred, etc.
      • Alex B
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
          Solved: I discovered the small downward pointer beside "SORT BY DATE", which you click, and get the option Unread.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
            Thanks, you guys.
            I see the purple dot, yes (but what's it for?).

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie <slhansen235@...> wrote:

            > Just above the 'from' column it says 'sort by date' as a default with an arrow next to it. If you click on that, you'll find the sort options, which includes 'unread' as a sort option. It's an annoying and unnecessary, IMO, extra step to sorting the columns.
            >
            > By the way, I still see a purple dot, rather than square, for unread messages - are you not seeing even that?

          • Rob Weigle
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012

              Alan,
              >I see the purple dot, yes (but what's it for?).
              The purple dot provides information to you.
              If it is there,Yahoo thinks the message has not been read.