What is the future of Yahoo mail?

  • oth
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
      Yahoo mail has been in the news a lot lately (mainly under negative circumstances to do with account hijacking). This Group has a lot of ymail enthusiasts , so I thought I would ask here:
      Will Yahoo soon have:
      1. pop service
      2. mail forwarding
      3. threading
      4. faster loading pages
      5. less clutter and more attention to basic, functioning services
      6. anything else that the competition already offers
      7. anything else that the competition does not yet offer

      Thanks in advance to any responders
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
        Pop & mail forwarding are premium features. It's not likely they'll be free in the forseeable future.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 12/08/2012 02:16 PM, oth wrote:

        Yahoo mail has been in the news a lot lately (mainly under negative circumstances to do with account hijacking). This Group has a lot of ymail enthusiasts , so I thought I would ask here:
        Will Yahoo soon have:
        1. pop service
        2. mail forwarding
        3. threading
        4. faster loading pages
        5. less clutter and more attention to basic, functioning services
        6. anything else that the competition already offers
        7. anything else that the competition does not yet offer

        Thanks in advance to any responders

      • Jodi
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "oth" <ottawahitech@...> wrote:

          > Yahoo mail has been in the news a lot lately (mainly under negative circumstances to do with account hijacking). This Group has a lot of ymail enthusiasts , so I thought I would ask here:
          > Will Yahoo soon have:
          > 1. pop service
          > 2. mail forwarding
          > 3. threading
          > 4. faster loading pages
          > 5. less clutter and more attention to basic, functioning services
          > 6. anything else that the competition already offers
          > 7. anything else that the competition does not yet offer
          >
          > Thanks in advance to any responders

          Good Questions. I wonder if these questions will be add when the new yahoo! mail it launce.
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012
            Mail forwarding is already available.

            IMAP service available is actually better than POP service.

            Agree that threading is important and there's certainly ways of amending the way this is displayed.

            Calendar integration still important, but only if it can pull in and edit info from other calendars - e.g. google, microsoft, etc... We're at the stage where people don't actively decide to run their lives through yahoo - the company now has to persuade people to actively leave other services that they are already familiar with and convince them yahoo is doing it better - tough ask.

            > Yahoo mail has been in the news a lot lately (mainly under negative circumstances to do with account hijacking). This Group has a lot of ymail enthusiasts , so I thought I would ask here:
            > Will Yahoo soon have:
            > 1. pop service
            > 2. mail forwarding
            > 3. threading
            > 4. faster loading pages
            > 5. less clutter and more attention to basic, functioning services
            > 6. anything else that the competition already offers
            > 7. anything else that the competition does not yet offer
            >
            > Thanks in advance to any responders

            Good Questions. I wonder if these questions will be add when the new yahoo! mail it launce.

          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
              They're premium features in the U.S. Some of the international Yahoo!'s get them for free.