Re: Millions of Yahoo Mail accounts vulnerable to email hijacking | Mail Online

  • nagy.arpad
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
      Hello!

      Maybe that was happened with my mother's account. First I received a blank mail (only contained a link) from her. Of course it was not sent by her. Yesterday she called me that the system could not let her to enter with the password and then CAPTCHA appears and the the system wanted the security question which was not working. Finally the account was blocked for 12 hours. Can you help what to do? The official Yahoo Help is not a solution I think :).

      Thx!

      Nagy Arpad

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

      > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238959/Millions-Yahoo-Mail-accounts-vulnerable-email-hijacking.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
      >

      > Heads up all!!! This may affect some or all of us!
      >
      > Have a blessed day...
      > Donna Ford Lee
      > Tulsa, OK
      >
      > Sent Via My iPhone

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
        It is quite possible she has been hacked. Run your virus scanner then when she can get into her account change the password. Malwarebytes is a free but good program that works with your virus scanner. It might pick up something that you VS missed.

        Have a blessed day.
        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Merry Christmas to all.

        Sent Via My iPhone

      • adeomus ********
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012

          on our groups we found this happened a lot with accounts that were seldom used.
          the hijackers got the addys off the groups and saw they were more or less idle, and used them to send links.

          so, we put everyone who was not a regular poster on moderation,
          and the membership list is hidden from the members.

          nothing has been able to get to the groups since then.

          Vintage S...
          Ekatn,
          may every fibre of my Being
          be infused with Your Essence...