Re: [Y-Mail] scammers/ Millions of Yahoo Mail accounts vulnerable to email hijacking | Mail Online

  • Donna Lee
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
      They are probably not aware of it. Especially if they have not used their email account in a while.

      The fix is to change the password -- Scan your  PC first. Both times that it happened to me MY PC WAS CLEAN!!

      I removed all group email addresses from my Yahoo account so that if this happens again my groups won't get hit.

      Donna Lee
      Tulsa, OK

      On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM, adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...> wrote:

      yes, and some one/s  are still sending spam under this group's subject lines.
      just knock it off...i never open that stuff.

      Vintage S...
      Ekatn,
      may every fibre of my Being
      be infused with Your Essence...
      You looking through my eyes,
       ever and always, always and ever.

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
        Just don't pay any attention to it. And not to worry, I'll get rid of any spam/spammers that come through ;)

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

          thank you !

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

            the names on the emails are not familiar from here ( several different names, but i believe it's the same person)...
            i know that many times people mine groups under other names/ ID's and then spam members.....we've had that for years, on my groups.

            next time it happens, i will forward it here.

            the group subject lines they use from here are just a way to try to get people to open the mail...

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
              Hello!

              Maybe that was happened with my mother's account. First I received a blank mail (only contained a link) from her. Of course it was not sent by her. Yesterday she called me that the system could not let her to enter with the password and then CAPTCHA appears and the the system wanted the security question which was not working. Finally the account was blocked for 12 hours. Can you help what to do? The official Yahoo Help is not a solution I think :).

              Thx!

              Nagy Arpad

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

              > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238959/Millions-Yahoo-Mail-accounts-vulnerable-email-hijacking.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
              >

              > Heads up all!!! This may affect some or all of us!
              >
              > Have a blessed day...
              > Donna Ford Lee
              > Tulsa, OK
              >
              > Sent Via My iPhone

            • Donna Lee
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
                It is quite possible she has been hacked. Run your virus scanner then when she can get into her account change the password. Malwarebytes is a free but good program that works with your virus scanner. It might pick up something that you VS missed.

                Have a blessed day.
                Donna Ford Lee
                Tulsa, OK

                Merry Christmas to all.

                Sent Via My iPhone

              • adeomus ********
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012

                  on our groups we found this happened a lot with accounts that were seldom used.
                  the hijackers got the addys off the groups and saw they were more or less idle, and used them to send links.

                  so, we put everyone who was not a regular poster on moderation,
                  and the membership list is hidden from the members.

                  nothing has been able to get to the groups since then.