New Yahoo! Mail &Yahoo! Mail Plus......

  • Jodi
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
      I Wonder After They Launch The New Yahoo! Mail, If Yahoo! Plus Will Be
      Free?

      Meaning.....Not Paying $$$ 4 Yahoo! Mail Plus!!!

      That Would Be Awsome Christmas Present To Members That Have Yahoo!
      Accounts.

      [;)] [:)] [:D]
    • Sumit Mehta
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
        I think you are too optimistic about Y-mail. You are discussing about free Y-mail Plus even before the launch of rumored Gmail like New Y-mail interface. Y-mail took more than one year to launch Integrated calendar after announcement on Ymailupdate blog. And there is not a single major improvement / update since last two year. (Attachments and Photos tabs are very good features but they are just like filters and don't fall under improvements/update.) However let me admit that there is record breaking numbers of version changes in since last one year and whether they are performance improvements or what I still could not find out.

        This is our old and same Y-mail so don't expect any thing (not too much) from them. Whatever we get is bonus. Because once I came to know about the Marissa Mayer's announcement of replacing blackberry with iphone 5, I am sure that most of the Y-mail team members must be busy in playing with iphone.. ;-)

        Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

        From: "Jodi" <chevy28@...>
        Sender: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 22:46:52 -0000
        To: <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Y-Mail] New Yahoo! Mail &Yahoo! Mail Plus......

        I Wonder After They Launch The New Yahoo! Mail, If Yahoo! Plus Will Be
        Free?

        Meaning.....Not Paying $$$ 4 Yahoo! Mail Plus!!!

        That Would Be Awsome Christmas Present To Members That Have Yahoo!
        Accounts.

        [;)] [:)] [:D]

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
          Then we would have advertisements plastered over half the page and I for one don't like that. We would risk loosing the account if we do not visit the account at least once in a thirty day period. So..... no I do not see it happening.

          20 dollars a year is a bargain. :) I don't think I would like to pay any more than that however.

          Have a blessed day.
          Donna Ford Lee
          Tulsa, OK

          Merry Christmas to all.

          Sent Via My iPhone

          On Dec 2, 2012, at 4:46 PM, "Jodi" <chevy28@...> wrote:

          > I Wonder After They Launch The New Yahoo! Mail, If Yahoo! Plus Will Be
          > Free?
          >
          > Meaning.....Not Paying $$$ 4 Yahoo! Mail Plus!!!
          >
          > That Would Be Awsome Christmas Present To Members That Have Yahoo!
          > Accounts.
          >
          > [;)] [:)] [:D]

        • guillaumebcom
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
            I dont find $20 bucks to be much to be honest...

            This is a yearly subscription for a product I use several times every day...

            A lunch at McDonald's won't cost much less however some people would prefer to eat those humburgers in few minutes rather than paying for a yearly subscription...

            It really depends on how you see things and what is more important for you... And of course it depends on what you ar getting for those $20...
          • Sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
              Don't bet on it....

              **Sasafrass452**
              http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012

                Got Ya ;)

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                > Don't bet on it....
                >

                > **Sasafrass452**
                > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                >
                > On 12/02/2012 05:46 PM, Jodi wrote:
                > >
                > > I Wonder After They Launch The New Yahoo! Mail, If Yahoo! Plus Will Be
                > > Free?
                > >
                > > Meaning.....Not Paying $$$ 4 Yahoo! Mail Plus!!!
                > >
                > > That Would Be Awsome Christmas Present To Members That Have Yahoo!
                > > Accounts.
                > >
                > > [;)] [:)] [:D]

              • Makc666
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
                  I don't want Yahoo! Mail Plus to become free.
                  I want to pay but to get better services.

                  Several weeks ago SpamGuard for disposable email addresses became broken.

                  As usual I had to break my mind with Yahoo Support (about 4 replies to them) to move this problem to Engineer team.
                  Option SpamGuard is set to "OFF" for in disposable email addresses but emails are going into Spam folder.
                  But the problem still hasn't been solved.

                  Another problem is with printing HTML emails which have < p >...< /p > lines in them.
                  In printer-friendly version of the message such lines have extra space above and below them.
                  So one line looks like 3 lines.

                  Yahoo Support was able to replicate this issue but still no move.

                  This is the biggest problem of Yahoo Mail Plus.
                  People pay money but can't get any support.

                  Maxim