Re: [Y-Mail] Re: [OT] Will Y!Messenger be left out in the Skype migration ?

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
      I'm not surprised about this, but I'm still wondering what will happen to the groups. If the new CEO is focusing on the products that make Yahoo the most money, I'm afraid our groups don't fall into that category. They've tried to redesign the groups a few times, but always got an enormous backlash from users so they abandon the project. So, what is next for the groups? Will they remain open? With facebook & twitter ruling the internet as a means of communication, I'm not too optimistic....

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 12/01/2012 05:51 PM, guillaumebcom wrote:

      Well looks like it WILL be left out actually

      >From the Yahoo Messenger Blog :

      "Yahoo! Messenger Public Chat Rooms
      The Yahoo! Messenger Public Chat Rooms will close down on December 14, 2012.

      Yahoo! Messenger Pingbox
      As of December 14, 2012, Pingbox will no longer be available on Yahoo! Messenger. If you've installed Pingbox on your blog or social networks, please click here to learn how to uninstall it.

      Yahoo! Messenger interoperability with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger
      Yahoo! Messenger will no longer be interoperable with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger as of December 14, 2012. Microsoft buddies will still appear on your Messenger contact list, but they will be greyed out, and if you try to send instant messages to them, the messages will not be delivered.

      Yahoo! Voice Phone In and Phone Out feature
      Effective January 30, 2013, we will no longer offer Yahoo! Voice Phone In and Phone Out capabilities, our co-branded landline and mobile phone service from Jajah. As of today, users can no longer add new funds to their accounts, and active users who currently have a balance in their accounts will receive emailed instructions in December from Jajah on how to request a refund. You can find more information on how to ask for a refund here, and you can contact Jajah with any questions at yahoovoice@.... Free Messenger-to-Messenger calls will still be offered through Yahoo! Messenger.

      Thank you to everyone who have used these features. We plan to keep innovating and building great Yahoo! products that will delight our users in the years to come."

      http://www.ymessengerblog.com/blog/2012/11/30/updates-to-yahoo-messenger-features/

    • GT
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2012
        It's really sad they are going to close Yahoo Chat rooms, and I cannot agree with the statement that it's not adding enough value, infact I have seen and been part of some really good discussions in the chat rooms and made new like-minded friends. And the chatrooms are hardly empty, infact a lot of users log into chat rooms everyday and interact with different kinds of people. Yahoo doesn't need to modernize it, they can simply allow it to keep running, like Google does to quite a few of it's abandoned projects.

        Regards,
        Goutam

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "guillaumebcom" <guillaume@...> wrote:

        > Well looks like it WILL be left out actually
        >

        > From the Yahoo Messenger Blog :
        >
        > "Yahoo! Messenger Public Chat Rooms
        > The Yahoo! Messenger Public Chat Rooms will close down on December 14, 2012.
        >
        > Yahoo! Messenger Pingbox
        > As of December 14, 2012, Pingbox will no longer be available on Yahoo! Messenger. If you've installed Pingbox on your blog or social networks, please click here to learn how to uninstall it.
        >
        > Yahoo! Messenger interoperability with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger
        > Yahoo! Messenger will no longer be interoperable with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger as of December 14, 2012. Microsoft buddies will still appear on your Messenger contact list, but they will be greyed out, and if you try to send instant messages to them, the messages will not be delivered.
        >
        > Yahoo! Voice Phone In and Phone Out feature
        > Effective January 30, 2013, we will no longer offer Yahoo! Voice Phone In and Phone Out capabilities, our co-branded landline and mobile phone service from Jajah. As of today, users can no longer add new funds to their accounts, and active users who currently have a balance in their accounts will receive emailed instructions in December from Jajah on how to request a refund. You can find more information on how to ask for a refund here, and you can contact Jajah with any questions at yahoovoice@... Free Messenger-to-Messenger calls will still be offered through Yahoo! Messenger.
        >
        > Thank you to everyone who have used these features. We plan to keep innovating and building great Yahoo! products that will delight our users in the years to come."
        >
        > http://www.ymessengerblog.com/blog/2012/11/30/updates-to-yahoo-messenger-features/

      • guillaumebcom
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2012
          In an interview she gave to CNN last week, Marissa specifically said that Yahoo! Groups was among the most used products with Mail, Messenger, and Sports. So I believe we should be fine :)

          http://postcards.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2012/11/28/marissa-mayer-full-interview/
        • david gosling
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2012
            Hello, I hope so, Yahoo has it problems but it seems to be improving with this Lady.  David.