Re: Problem with yahoogroups digest

  • Beadnik
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2012
      Thanks for your reply. No, there ARE messages. If I go to the website, the messages are there... they are just NOT included in the digest. And , not included in the next digest either. Most annoying.
      JoanB

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

      > It is quite possible that an email was sent without anything in the body of the note. It is easy to do sometimes especially with this iPhone.
      >
      > Yahoo does make it so very HARD to get and find help. They want you to go to FAQ but most of the time nothing is in there. There is a way to get help but they do make it very difficult!
      >
      > They used to have a forum but it is not manned any more.
      >
      > Have a blessed day...
      > Donna Ford Lee
      > Tulsa, OK
      >
      > Sent Via My iPhone
      >
      > On Nov 25, 2012, at 6:23 PM, "Beadnik" <beadnik2@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I've noticed that when I receive yahoogroup messages in digest form, the last two or three message subjects appear on the list of topics on the top of the digest, but the messages themselves are not there. Also, they do not appear on the next digest sent out, which means I miss several messages in a thread, which becomes confusing. This happens with those groups that are very active ... If there are only a few messages in a digest, this is not a problem.
      > >
      > > I belong to a large number of yahoo groups, some of which are VERY active, so individual messages are not an option for me. I know I could read the messages right on the website, but to me, that's a pain.
      > >
      > > Is there some place I could contact to hopefully correct this. From experience I know any correspondence with Yahoo seems to fall on deaf ears.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > JB

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2012
        This is why I do not do digest. I have a couple in digest but not in all them. I have not noticed a problem for me.

        I do not want to miss anything especially in groups that I want to see it all. ;)

        Have a blessed day...
        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Sent Via My iPhone

        On Nov 27, 2012, at 4:21 PM, "Beadnik" <beadnik2@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for your reply. No, there ARE messages. If I go to the website, the messages are there... they are just NOT included in the digest. And , not included in the next digest either. Most annoying.
        > JoanB
      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2012
          JB,

          > I've noticed that when I receive yahoogroup messages in digest form, the
          > last two or three message subjects appear on the list of topics on the
          > top of the digest, but the messages themselves are not there.
          >
          > Also, they do not appear on the next digest sent out, which means I
          > miss several messages in a thread, which becomes confusing. This happens
          > with those groups that are very active ... If there are only a few
          > messages in a digest, this is not a problem.

          For what it's worth, that's not happening in my group on digest. But then that group isn't "very active", it has had more than one digest in a day only a few times over the last couple months. I went and double-checked those cases, and all messages were represented.

          > Is there some place I could contact to hopefully correct this. From
          > experience I know any correspondence with Yahoo seems to fall on deaf
          > ears.

          From any Groups page, click the Help link (upper left or bottom center). Then you have two choices: the "Get Help" button or the "I need an Answer" button.

          For this type of problem if you're willing to post the name of the group in public, and cite some missing message numbers, I'd recommend "I need an Answer". Yahoo staff are active there, answering people's questions and fixing problems (not every question and not every problem, of course). Also, because it is a public venue you might get "me too" confirmation or even insight from other members.

          Just make sure that after filling in your details, on the next page select "Yahoo! Products" as the category and "Yahoo! Groups" as the sub-category. If the defaults put your question elsewhere you'll likely not get a meaningful answer.

          Same is true of the Yahoo! Mail subcategory in Answers, by the way, though I don't frequent that area.

          -- Shal
        • Beadnik
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2012
            Thanks so much... that is exactly what I was looking for. I will try it later.
            JoanB