Re: New Y!Mail inspired by Gmail in the work

  • Jodi
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012

      I Agree With You 100% Harryh ;) :D

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:

      > Any change would be fine - maybe.  I tried the new email and hated the search 'feature' because it took more clicks than classic.  I also disliked the inability to have x messages per screen allowing a quick mark and move/delete operation on a selected number.  So I am still using classic via a backdoor bookmark.  It will be interesting to see the next try by Yahoo.

    • Henrique Junior
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 26, 2012
        I'm amazed that you didn't liked the seach mecanism in Yahoo Mail. It is one of the best things I've ever used.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior

        Any change would be fine - maybe.  I tried the new email and hated the search 'feature' because it took more clicks than classic.  I also disliked the inability to have x messages per screen allowing a quick mark and move/delete operation on a selected number.  So I am still using classic via a backdoor bookmark.  It will be interesting to see the next try by Yahoo.

          The only I would really like to see is the tags. Folders are somewhat limiting.

          Jayant

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:

          > Any change would be fine - maybe.  I tried the new email and hated the search 'feature' because it took more clicks than classic.  I also disliked the inability to have x messages per screen allowing a quick mark and move/delete operation on a selected number.  So I am still using classic via a backdoor bookmark.  It will be interesting to see the next try by Yahoo.

        • Harryh
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
            I do like the search function in Classic.  I can select what area to search (subject, to, from, etc.) and get mostly what I want.  The setup for my typical search is retained by my browser so it's easy to look for "[Y-Mail" quickly.  One page a few clicks and I'm done.  The neo search doesn't select by subject (or I'm just clueless), the "[" term doesn't seem to work as well and the page requires me to scroll down, deselecting a lot of items while classic makes that a one or two click setup.  I greatly prefer the classic search and is one reason I still use classic.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
              Both would be best.  Folders allow me to hide a bunch of stuff I don't want to work with right away.  Gmail is quite difficult to move stuff easily to folders - a search gets my items but I can't move them into folders directly via a menu selection (or I'm too dumb to figure it out).

                  Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com