New member with hijacked addy problem

  • William Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2012
      Howdy from East Texas!
       I've been using Yahoo thru ATT (SWB) dial-up since 1995. Had an early problem
      with spammers getting into my contacts so I kept that empty to thwart that
      hassle. This spring some spammer from Linkedin began using my addy to send spam
      to other Linkedin clients with links to sites on Linkedin. I discovered it after
      checking my spam mailbox to see why it accumulated so much in a short period of
      time. Just saw alot of out of office notices, etc and no warnings nor
      complaints. I did notify Linkedin and lodged a complaint. After that I lost the
      ability to send and recieve emails from personal contacts. Checked out Yahoo!
      mail help and it seemed that they labeled me as a spammer. Tried following their
      instructions to correct that by changing the inbound and outbound settings yet
      never could find the box to do that. (I did for Windows Live but it won't work
      either) I plodded thru yahoo's instructions several times and when the sequence
      came to the mythical settings it sent me back to the beginning!

      I tried calling Yahoo! customer service several times only to be placed on hold
      forever and a day, so I emailed them about the problem. Got a nice reply a few
      days later saying I was a valued customer and they were looking into it. Guess
      they did something because shortly later I could send emails to two other Yahoo!
      groups I belong to when earlier I couldn't, tho many still don't get sent and
      oddly wind up in the saved draft box. Informed Yahoo! about that curiousity and
      have yet to hear back from them. Guess they're scratching their heads over that
      like me.
      If you have any suggestions over what's going on and how to correct this mess
      I'll be very appreciative.

      I'm using a new HP Pavilion p6 w/Win 7. It had nearly all the updates and
      service packs downloaded before the problem started. I downloaded the free
      CCCleaner when I first hooked it up since it worked fine on my ancient HP
      Pavilion. I use it to clear out garbage before shutting down and to check the
      registry for problems. It found a few of the typical stuff that wasn't email
      related.

      Bill in Longview
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2012
        from what i've seen, Linkedin is a total scam.

        Vintage S...
        Ekatn,
        may every fibre of my Being
        be infused with Your Essence...