Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New Buid

  • Suzi
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
      I don't see the Messenger, but I do still have the Facebook.

      *Suzi*
      Ravelry ID: PuppyKisses
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses/

      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
        Same build - have messenger and facebook - don't have calendar in a tab. So no obvious changes.
      • shazen27
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
          Ha, this sounds like a quality control issue on Yahoo's part. How can we all be working off the same "build" of yahoo, but yet be seeing different options. It sure looks like they push out that build notice to all servers, but not all servers actually get the updated software.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

          > Same build here and still with messenger and Facebook.
          >

          > --
          > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
          > http://about.me/henriquejunior
          >

          > >________________________________

        • Donna Lee
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
            How does one know what build they are using?

            Have a blessed day...
            Donna Ford Lee
            Tulsa, OK

            Sent Via My iPhone
          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
              Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen. A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic. Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.

              Kenneth

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

              > How does one know what build they are using?
              >
              > Have a blessed day...
              > Donna Ford Lee
              > Tulsa, OK
              >
              > Sent Via My iPhone

            • Donna
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                Thank you. I got a camping ground scene. :P

                Neo Version:
                Build number: 2.34.0.5850
                Build time: Tue Oct 23 01:39:32 PDT 2012

                Hostname: cg36.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

                Donna Lee
                Tulsa, OK

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

                > Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen. A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic. Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.
                >
                > Kenneth

              • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                  I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?

                  Cindy in Ohio
                  Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                  Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                  http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012
                    It could be you have pop up blocked. I suggest making allowing pop up with Yahoo mail. I did that and no I can get pop up when need in my mail.

                    Have a blessed day...
                    Donna Ford Lee
                    Tulsa, OK

                    Sent Via My iPhone

                    On Nov 6, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

                    I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?

                    Cindy in Ohio
                    Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                    Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                    http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

                    --- On Tue, 11/6/12, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
                    Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen.  A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic.  Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.

                    Kenneth
                  • Rob Weigle
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012

                      >Ha, this sounds like a quality control issue on Yahoo's part.  How can we all be working off the same "build" of yahoo, but yet be seeing different options. It sure looks like they push out that build notice to all servers, but not all servers actually get the updated software.

                      I wonder what else I am missing. Now Customer Unservice now tells me - I'm sorry, but we don't support Yahoo! Calendar

                    • Kenneth
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012
                        Did you keep the alt button pressed down while clicking on the logo? I don't know another way to display the build information but perhaps someone else does.

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

                        > I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?
                        >
                        > Cindy in Ohio
                        >
                        > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                        >
                        > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                        >
                        > http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
                        >
                        > --- On Tue, 11/6/12, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen.  A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic.  Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.
                        >
                        > Kenneth

                      • Rob Weigle
                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012
                          >> Same build here and still with messenger and Facebook.

                          >Ha,
                          this sounds like a quality control issue on Yahoo's part.  How can we
                          all be working off the same "build" of yahoo, but yet be seeing
                          different options. It sure looks like they push out that build notice to
                          all servers, but not all servers actually get the updated software.

                          Running into a brick wall. Ymail does not approve my message, thought I would try again.
                          Also customer service sends me in circles when I ask about this. Must be time to change providers.
                          I am glad I have started that process.
                        • Kenneth
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 8, 2012
                            I wondered if a pop-up blocker might by preventing Cindy from seeing the build info so I tried enabling pop-up blocker as a test. Even with pop-up blocker enabled, I could still get the build info successfully.

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

                            > It could be you have pop up blocked. I suggest making allowing pop up with Yahoo mail. I did that and no I can get pop up when need in my mail.
                            >
                            > Have a blessed day...
                            > Donna Ford Lee
                            > Tulsa, OK
                            >
                            > Sent Via My iPhone
                            >
                            > On Nov 6, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?
                            > >
                            > > Cindy in Ohio
                            > > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                            > > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                            > > http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
                            > >
                            > > --- On Tue, 11/6/12, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
                            > > Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen. A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic. Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.
                            > >
                            > > Kenneth

                          • Donna Lee
                            Message 13 of 24 , Nov 8, 2012
                              I was not sure if the pop up blocker was preventing it to open. I just assumed. I had to allow pop ups in Yahoo last year for web links in the email that I get from friends. :)

                              Donna Lee
                              Tulsa, OK

                              On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
                              I wondered if a pop-up blocker might by preventing Cindy from seeing the build info so I tried enabling pop-up blocker as a test.  Even with pop-up blocker enabled, I could still get the build info successfully.

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

                              > It could be you have pop up blocked. I suggest making allowing pop up with Yahoo mail. I did that and no I can get pop up when need in my mail.
                              >
                              > Have a blessed day...
                              > Donna Ford Lee
                              > Tulsa, OK
                              >
                              > Sent Via My iPhone

                            • Silk
                              Message 14 of 24 , Nov 9, 2012
                                I have a friend and she is interested in setting up her calendar..any suggestions as to how to and what the possibilities are...thanx.........chao/Silk