Yahoo webmail shows wrong date, and does not honor Date header in email.

  • Tom Sisson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      I have accounts from several different services. My life is very compartmentalized. I started paying for Yahoo! Plus so I could access my email in an email client and move emails around.

      With both accounts set up for IMAP, in Thunderbird, the email client, I have been slowly moving Yahoo! Groups mail from Gmail to my Yahoo email account.

      I noticed that emails in Thunderbird show the date in the message header even after moving and synchronizing, but same emails show the date and time the emails were moved.

      Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just the way Yahoo dates emails--by arrival to the mailbox, not the server?

      Even with the add-on in Thunderbird that shows the received date, the dates don't match between Thunderbird and webmail.

      Tom