Re: New Buid

  • shazen27
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 16, 2012
      Neo Version:
      Build number: 2.33.0.5748
      Build time: Thu Oct 11 01:21:01 PDT 2012

      Hostname: cg21.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

      Also, I noticed that yahoo messenger integration is gone now. So we get calendar and they take away messenger. It's not matter, I never used it except to report every message as spam anyway.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gabriele Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

      > is it me but since the Calendar, there haven't really been any new features?
      >

      > I've been using the new Outlook recently - really quite enjoying it, but this may be just because I fancied a change...
      >

      > Still holding out for Yahoo to come up with something great. Ultimately I've also noticed that the biggest determinant of webmail functionality is the hardware and software on your computer, rather than the small extra features the providers offer. Unfortunately, if your work computer is slow, yahoo, outlook or gmail are slow too...
      >

      > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      > From: henriquecsj@...
      > Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:52:49 -0700
      > Subject: [Y-Mail] New Buid
      >

      > Neo Version:
      > Build number: 2.33.0.5746
      > Build time: Tue Oct 9 11:53:09 PDT 2012
      >
      > Hostname: cg5.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
      >

      > --
      > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      > http://about.me/henriquejunior

    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 16, 2012
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "shazen27" <shazen27@...> wrote:

        > Neo Version:
        > Build number: 2.33.0.5748
        > Build time: Thu Oct 11 01:21:01 PDT 2012
        >
        > Hostname: cg21.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
        >
        > Also, I noticed that yahoo messenger integration is gone now. So we get calendar and they take away messenger. It's not matter, I never used it except to report every message as spam anyway.

        Are you sure about that? I've been updated to the same build release but I don't have calendar integration and do still have Messenger integration.

        Kenneth
      • guillaumebcom
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 17, 2012
          As for me i'm getting

          Neo Version:
          Build number: 2.33.0.5749
          Build time: Tue Oct 16 15:00:15 PDT 2012

          yet, still no calendar tab...
        • shazen27
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
            Neo Version:
            Build number: 2.34.0.5850
            Build time: Tue Oct 23 01:39:32 PDT 2012
            Hostname: cg30.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
            Bucket: 0

            I also noticed that messenger integration (and facebook) is gone. I never used it either, but I don't get why they give one thing and immediately turn around and remove something else. It'd be one thing if they took it down to fix it, or make it better, but with it taking them years to turn around the integrated Calendar tab, I have no hopes of ever seeing messenger integrated again. Good riddance.

            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
              I am on this new build also but I still have Messenger and Facebook integrated with Yahoo! Mail.

              Kenneth

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "shazen27" <shazen27@...> wrote:

              > Neo Version:
              > Build number: 2.34.0.5850
              > Build time: Tue Oct 23 01:39:32 PDT 2012
              > Hostname: cg30.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
              > Bucket: 0
              >
              > I also noticed that messenger integration (and facebook) is gone. I never used it either, but I don't get why they give one thing and immediately turn around and remove something else. It'd be one thing if they took it down to fix it, or make it better, but with it taking them years to turn around the integrated Calendar tab, I have no hopes of ever seeing messenger integrated again. Good riddance.

            • Suzi
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
                I don't see the Messenger, but I do still have the Facebook.

                *Suzi*
                Ravelry ID: PuppyKisses
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/puppykisses/

                I am on this new build also but I still have Messenger and Facebook integrated with Yahoo! Mail.

                Kenneth

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "shazen27" <shazen27@...> wrote:

                > Neo Version:
                > Build number: 2.34.0.5850
                > Build time: Tue Oct 23 01:39:32 PDT 2012
                > Hostname: cg30.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
                > Bucket: 0
                >
                > I also noticed that messenger integration (and facebook) is gone.  I never used it either, but I don't get why they give one thing and immediately turn around and remove something else.  It'd be one thing if they took it down to fix it, or make it better, but with it taking them years to turn around the integrated Calendar tab, I have no hopes of ever seeing messenger integrated again.  Good riddance.

                    Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

              • Henrique Junior
                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
                  Same build here and still with messenger and Facebook.

                  --
                  Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                  http://about.me/henriquejunior

                  I am on this new build also but I still have Messenger and Facebook integrated with Yahoo! Mail.

                  Kenneth

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "shazen27" <shazen27@...> wrote:

                  > Neo Version:
                  > Build number: 2.34.0.5850
                  > Build time: Tue Oct 23 01:39:32 PDT 2012
                  > Hostname: cg30.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
                  > Bucket: 0
                  >
                  > I also noticed that messenger integration (and facebook) is gone. I never used it either, but I don't get why they give one thing and immediately turn around and remove something else. It'd be one thing if they took it down to fix it, or make it better, but with it taking them years to turn around the integrated Calendar tab, I have no hopes of ever seeing messenger integrated again. Good riddance.

                • Rob Weigle
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 2, 2012
                    Same build - have messenger and facebook - don't have calendar in a tab. So no obvious changes.
                  • shazen27
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                      Ha, this sounds like a quality control issue on Yahoo's part. How can we all be working off the same "build" of yahoo, but yet be seeing different options. It sure looks like they push out that build notice to all servers, but not all servers actually get the updated software.

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

                      > Same build here and still with messenger and Facebook.
                      >

                      > --
                      > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                      > http://about.me/henriquejunior
                      >

                      > >________________________________

                    • Donna Lee
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                        How does one know what build they are using?

                        Have a blessed day...
                        Donna Ford Lee
                        Tulsa, OK

                        Sent Via My iPhone
                      • Kenneth
                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                          Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen. A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic. Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.

                          Kenneth

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

                          > How does one know what build they are using?
                          >
                          > Have a blessed day...
                          > Donna Ford Lee
                          > Tulsa, OK
                          >
                          > Sent Via My iPhone

                        • Donna
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                            Thank you. I got a camping ground scene. :P

                            Neo Version:
                            Build number: 2.34.0.5850
                            Build time: Tue Oct 23 01:39:32 PDT 2012

                            Hostname: cg36.c6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

                            Donna Lee
                            Tulsa, OK

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

                            > Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen. A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic. Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.
                            >
                            > Kenneth

                          • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                            Message 13 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
                              I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?

                              Cindy in Ohio
                              Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                              Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                              http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

                              Message 14 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012
                                It could be you have pop up blocked. I suggest making allowing pop up with Yahoo mail. I did that and no I can get pop up when need in my mail.

                                Have a blessed day...
                                Donna Ford Lee
                                Tulsa, OK

                                Sent Via My iPhone

                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012

                                  >Ha, this sounds like a quality control issue on Yahoo's part.  How can we all be working off the same "build" of yahoo, but yet be seeing different options. It sure looks like they push out that build notice to all servers, but not all servers actually get the updated software.

                                  I wonder what else I am missing. Now Customer Unservice now tells me - I'm sorry, but we don't support Yahoo! Calendar

                                • Kenneth
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012
                                    Did you keep the alt button pressed down while clicking on the logo? I don't know another way to display the build information but perhaps someone else does.

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

                                    > I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?
                                    >
                                    > Cindy in Ohio
                                    >
                                    > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                                    >
                                    > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                                    >
                                    > http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
                                    >
                                    > --- On Tue, 11/6/12, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen.  A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic.  Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.
                                    >
                                    > Kenneth

                                  • Rob Weigle
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Nov 7, 2012
                                      >> Same build here and still with messenger and Facebook.

                                      >Ha,
                                      this sounds like a quality control issue on Yahoo's part.  How can we
                                      all be working off the same "build" of yahoo, but yet be seeing
                                      different options. It sure looks like they push out that build notice to
                                      all servers, but not all servers actually get the updated software.

                                      Running into a brick wall. Ymail does not approve my message, thought I would try again.
                                      Also customer service sends me in circles when I ask about this. Must be time to change providers.
                                      I am glad I have started that process.
                                    • Kenneth
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Nov 8, 2012
                                        I wondered if a pop-up blocker might by preventing Cindy from seeing the build info so I tried enabling pop-up blocker as a test. Even with pop-up blocker enabled, I could still get the build info successfully.

                                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

                                        > It could be you have pop up blocked. I suggest making allowing pop up with Yahoo mail. I did that and no I can get pop up when need in my mail.
                                        >
                                        > Have a blessed day...
                                        > Donna Ford Lee
                                        > Tulsa, OK
                                        >
                                        > Sent Via My iPhone
                                        >
                                        > On Nov 6, 2012, at 10:55 PM, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:
                                        >

                                        > > I tried, but I don't get the pop-up window. Is there another way to see it?
                                        > >
                                        > > Cindy in Ohio
                                        > > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
                                        > > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
                                        > > http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
                                        > >
                                        > > --- On Tue, 11/6/12, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
                                        > > Hold down the "alt" button on the keyboard and then click on the "Yahoo! Mail" logo in the upper left part of the screen. A pop-up window should appear which reveals the exciting build information along with a picture of a cat or else something scenic. Currently I'm seeing a campground setting with a campfire at dusk.
                                        > >
                                        > > Kenneth

                                      • Donna Lee
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Nov 8, 2012
                                          I was not sure if the pop up blocker was preventing it to open. I just assumed. I had to allow pop ups in Yahoo last year for web links in the email that I get from friends. :)

                                          Donna Lee
                                          Tulsa, OK

                                          On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
                                          I wondered if a pop-up blocker might by preventing Cindy from seeing the build info so I tried enabling pop-up blocker as a test.  Even with pop-up blocker enabled, I could still get the build info successfully.

                                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <Donna74128@...> wrote:

                                          > It could be you have pop up blocked. I suggest making allowing pop up with Yahoo mail. I did that and no I can get pop up when need in my mail.
                                          >
                                          > Have a blessed day...
                                          > Donna Ford Lee
                                          > Tulsa, OK
                                          >
                                          > Sent Via My iPhone

                                        • Silk
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Nov 9, 2012
                                            I have a friend and she is interested in setting up her calendar..any suggestions as to how to and what the possibilities are...thanx.........chao/Silk