Re: Inbox

  • Vadim Altynskiy
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012

      You mean you wanted to move the deleted message from your Trash folder back to the Inbox? Just checked it out and works well for me. Try selecting the message and press "D and then 0 (zero)"
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
        No, I have an actual "unsubscribe folder" that was provided by Yahoo to help control unwanted emails. It basically takes spam that gets through and dumps it into this folder, however I do not know how to reverse the action...I.E. I need to have my "unsubscribe" folder not recognize my co-workers email address and just let it go to my "inbox". Does this help?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Vadim Altynskiy <vadim.altynskiy@...> wrote:

        > You mean you wanted to move the deleted message from your Trash folder back to the Inbox? Just checked it out and works well for me. Try selecting the message and press "D and then 0 (zero)"

      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <brianeliasek@...> wrote:

          > No, I have an actual "unsubscribe folder" that was provided by Yahoo to help control unwanted emails. It basically takes spam that gets through and dumps it into this folder, however I do not know how to reverse the action...I.E. I need to have my "unsubscribe" folder not recognize my co-workers email address and just let it go to my "inbox". Does this help?

          Are you talking about the Unsubscriber mail app?  I've never used it but I went ahead and installed it just now to see if there was any info that would help you with your problem.

          I received an email from OtherInbox that described how my new unsubscribe folder works:

          --------------------------
          Your Unsubscribe folder is the simplest way to stop emails you don't want. Just move unwanted messages to the Unsubscribe folder and we'll take care of the rest. It's a satisfying way to simplify your inbox.

          When you move an email to the Unsubscribe folder, we notify the sender that you want to be removed from their list.

          You don't have to answer any questions or remember your password. Once the email is in your Unsubscribe folder, you're done!

          Important tip: You might be tempted to move email from the Spam folder to your new Unsubscribe folder â€" in a word, don't. Email in your Spam folder is exactly where it needs to be. The Unsubscribe folder is for email that has reached your inbox that you no longer want to receive. Anytime you move an email out of your Spam folder, your email service thinks it made a mistake and you do want to receive those emails, which is definitely not your intention. So, leave spam where it is and only use the Unsubscribe folder for emails in your inbox.
          --------------------------

          So I gather that at some point you moved an email from your coworker into the unsubscribe folder and now everything from that coworker is getting placed there.  I still see that move from the unsubscribe folder to inbox is available so you could move them back to the inbox as they arrive.  I'm not sure if you can reset Unsubscriber to stop taking that action for that sender though.  You might just have to remove the application.

          Kenneth

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
            Brian,

            I tried out the Unsubscriber folder an on advertisement email that I
            didn't really need to keep getting. I received an unsubscribe request
            confirmation email from OtherInbox for that sender. Embedded in their
            email was a link just in case I needed to undo this unsubscribe request.
            Unfortunately the link was only good for undoing the unsubscribe for
            that particular sender. I was hoping for some management page so that I
            could get a list of senders and manage them all.

            So if you can find the unsubscribe request email that you received for
            your co-workers request, you should be able to click on that link to
            undo the action. Good luck.

            Kenneth

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" brianeliasek@ wrote:
            > >
            > > No, I have an actual "unsubscribe folder" that was provided by Yahoo
            > to help control unwanted emails. It basically takes spam that gets
            > through and dumps it into this folder, however I do not know how to
            > reverse the action...I.E. I need to have my "unsubscribe" folder not
            > recognize my co-workers email address and just let it go to my
            "inbox".
            > Does this help?
            > >

            > Are you talking about the Unsubscriber mail app? I've never used it
            > but I went ahead and installed it just now to see if there was any
            info
            > that would help you with your problem.
            >
            > I received an email from OtherInbox that described how my new
            > unsubscribe folder works:

            > that you want to be removed from their list.
            >
            > You don't have to answer any questions or remember your password. Once
            > the email is in your Unsubscribe folder, you're done!
            >
            > Important tip: You might be tempted to move email from the Spam
            folder
            > to your new Unsubscribe folder �" in a word, don't. Email in
            your
            > Spam folder is exactly where it needs to be. The Unsubscribe folder
            is
            > for email that has reached your inbox that you no longer want to
            > receive. Anytime you move an email out of your Spam folder, your
            email
            > service thinks it made a mistake and you do want to receive those
            > emails, which is definitely not your intention. So, leave spam where
            it
            > is and only use the Unsubscribe folder for emails in your inbox.
            > taking that action for that sender though. You might just have to
            > remove the application.
            >
            > Kenneth

          • jayant m
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 17, 2012
              When you click on the Automatic Organizer you will get a new tab for the Organizer settings. Go to the Senders tab and you'll be able to change the behavior. It's not as smooth as I would like but it works.

              Jayant