Inbox

  • greatyoga
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012
      i just deleted an email by mistake. I clicked on the Move button to move it to the Inbox but there is no inbox in the selection. I tried it on another computer. Same thing. I have never had this problem beforeafter using Y mail for over 10 years, It has to be on the Yahoo end. How can they check it out?

      Thanks
      GB
    • Henrique Junior
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012
        Try pressing "D", then "0".
        In my mail I can see inbox as an option.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior

        i just deleted an email by mistake. I clicked on the Move button to move it to the Inbox but there is no inbox in the selection. I tried it on another computer. Same thing. I have never had this problem beforeafter using Y mail for over 10 years, It has to be on the Yahoo end. How can they check it out?

        Thanks
        GB

      • ofinterest2me.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:

          > i just deleted an email by mistake. I clicked on the Move button to move it to the Inbox but there is no inbox in the selection. I tried it on another computer. Same thing. I have never had this problem beforeafter using Y mail for over 10 years, It has to be on the Yahoo end. How can they check it out?
          >
          > Thanks
          > GB

          I have an 'inbox' in the menyus to move files to
        • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012
            Could you move the email to another folder first, then see if you can move it from there to the inbox? If not, at least it will be out of the Delete folder.

            Cindy in Ohio
            Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
            Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
            http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

            --- On Mon, 10/15/12, greatyoga <greatyoga@...> wrote:
            i just deleted an email by mistake.  I clicked on the Move button to move it to the Inbox but there is no inbox in the selection.  I tried  it on another computer.  Same thing.  I have never had this problem beforeafter using Y mail for over 10 years,  It has to be on the Yahoo end.  How can they check it out?

            Thanks
            GB
          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012
              When I click the move button, Inbox is listed. It's below the list of personal folders, just above Spam.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greatyoga" <greatyoga@...> wrote:

              > i just deleted an email by mistake. I clicked on the Move button to move it to the Inbox but there is no inbox in the selection. I tried it on another computer. Same thing. I have never had this problem beforeafter using Y mail for over 10 years, It has to be on the Yahoo end. How can they check it out?
              >
              > Thanks
              > GB

            • Vadim Altynskiy
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 15, 2012

                You mean you wanted to move the deleted message from your Trash folder back to the Inbox? Just checked it out and works well for me. Try selecting the message and press "D and then 0 (zero)"
              • Brian
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
                  No, I have an actual "unsubscribe folder" that was provided by Yahoo to help control unwanted emails. It basically takes spam that gets through and dumps it into this folder, however I do not know how to reverse the action...I.E. I need to have my "unsubscribe" folder not recognize my co-workers email address and just let it go to my "inbox". Does this help?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <brianeliasek@...> wrote:

                    > No, I have an actual "unsubscribe folder" that was provided by Yahoo to help control unwanted emails. It basically takes spam that gets through and dumps it into this folder, however I do not know how to reverse the action...I.E. I need to have my "unsubscribe" folder not recognize my co-workers email address and just let it go to my "inbox". Does this help?

                    Are you talking about the Unsubscriber mail app?  I've never used it but I went ahead and installed it just now to see if there was any info that would help you with your problem.

                    I received an email from OtherInbox that described how my new unsubscribe folder works:

                    --------------------------
                    Your Unsubscribe folder is the simplest way to stop emails you don't want. Just move unwanted messages to the Unsubscribe folder and we'll take care of the rest. It's a satisfying way to simplify your inbox.

                    When you move an email to the Unsubscribe folder, we notify the sender that you want to be removed from their list.

                    You don't have to answer any questions or remember your password. Once the email is in your Unsubscribe folder, you're done!

                    Important tip: You might be tempted to move email from the Spam folder to your new Unsubscribe folder â€" in a word, don't. Email in your Spam folder is exactly where it needs to be. The Unsubscribe folder is for email that has reached your inbox that you no longer want to receive. Anytime you move an email out of your Spam folder, your email service thinks it made a mistake and you do want to receive those emails, which is definitely not your intention. So, leave spam where it is and only use the Unsubscribe folder for emails in your inbox.
                    --------------------------

                    So I gather that at some point you moved an email from your coworker into the unsubscribe folder and now everything from that coworker is getting placed there.  I still see that move from the unsubscribe folder to inbox is available so you could move them back to the inbox as they arrive.  I'm not sure if you can reset Unsubscriber to stop taking that action for that sender though.  You might just have to remove the application.

                    Kenneth

                  • Kenneth
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
                      Brian,

                      I tried out the Unsubscriber folder an on advertisement email that I
                      didn't really need to keep getting. I received an unsubscribe request
                      confirmation email from OtherInbox for that sender. Embedded in their
                      email was a link just in case I needed to undo this unsubscribe request.
                      Unfortunately the link was only good for undoing the unsubscribe for
                      that particular sender. I was hoping for some management page so that I
                      could get a list of senders and manage them all.

                      So if you can find the unsubscribe request email that you received for
                      your co-workers request, you should be able to click on that link to
                      undo the action. Good luck.

                      Kenneth

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" brianeliasek@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > No, I have an actual "unsubscribe folder" that was provided by Yahoo
                      > to help control unwanted emails. It basically takes spam that gets
                      > through and dumps it into this folder, however I do not know how to
                      > reverse the action...I.E. I need to have my "unsubscribe" folder not
                      > recognize my co-workers email address and just let it go to my
                      "inbox".
                      > Does this help?
                      > >

                      > Are you talking about the Unsubscriber mail app? I've never used it
                      > but I went ahead and installed it just now to see if there was any
                      info
                      > that would help you with your problem.
                      >
                      > I received an email from OtherInbox that described how my new
                      > unsubscribe folder works:

                      > that you want to be removed from their list.
                      >
                      > You don't have to answer any questions or remember your password. Once
                      > the email is in your Unsubscribe folder, you're done!
                      >
                      > Important tip: You might be tempted to move email from the Spam
                      folder
                      > to your new Unsubscribe folder �" in a word, don't. Email in
                      your
                      > Spam folder is exactly where it needs to be. The Unsubscribe folder
                      is
                      > for email that has reached your inbox that you no longer want to
                      > receive. Anytime you move an email out of your Spam folder, your
                      email
                      > service thinks it made a mistake and you do want to receive those
                      > emails, which is definitely not your intention. So, leave spam where
                      it
                      > is and only use the Unsubscribe folder for emails in your inbox.
                      > taking that action for that sender though. You might just have to
                      > remove the application.
                      >
                      > Kenneth

                    • jayant m
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 17, 2012
                        When you click on the Automatic Organizer you will get a new tab for the Organizer settings. Go to the Senders tab and you'll be able to change the behavior. It's not as smooth as I would like but it works.

                        Jayant