Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Mailer-daemon messages

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
      Jim,

      > No MX or A records for murrayavaition.com

      That means "no such address". In technical terms, that domain wasn't found in the Domain Name System (DNS). MX records identify the Message Transfer Agents (the destination servers for email messages) for that domain. A records are generic Address records for host names.

      In that particular case, likely due to a typo: "aviation", not "avaition".

      > Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 xxxx@...: Recipient address rejected: aol.com [RCPT_TO]

      AOL says "Senders using scripts to remove unknown users automatically, should be looking for both the new error code and the old one." I've no idea what they mean by that.
      <http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.Errors.php>

      > Remote host said: 550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this
      > e-mail system has been rejected. [RCPT_TO]

      This one seems to be associated with spam blacklists. The receiving email service has decided that the sender is not worthy to send messages to them.

      -- Shal