Re: No calendar tab yet

  • wordsletters@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 9, 2012
      Hye Lorrie,
      Before there were computers there was a little gadget called a day planner. You physically wrote down your appointments and schedules on the dated pages. It could hold info for you, your wife, kids, friends and meetings. I still use one, I don't want to find out some tech gadget has powered out and I've lost everything. People are getting so lazy and self-important that they need gadgets to do the work.

      Meg

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lorrie <minilorrie@> wrote:
      > >
      > > And I ask again, what did people do before computers and the Internet??
      > >
      > > Lorrie
      > >

      > Lorrie,
      >
      > Since you're asking this in response to my post, I guess you're asking what people did about their calendars before the internet.
      >
      > There were and still are a variety of different paper calendars. Wall calendars of course are not very transportable but there are pocket calendars that are the size of a checkbook. These could be carried with a person, presumably in their pocket or purse.
      >
      > But you already know this, don't you? Was the point of asking to jog my own memory about what we did before we had email and the internet? I do remember those days but I certainly have come to appreciate what I can do with the internet.
      >
      > Probably my favorite feature of online calendars is the ability to organize different sets of events/appointments into different schedules or calendars. My full calendar with everything displayed is overwhelming if I'm looking for something in particular. But I have the option to "display only this calendar" in Google Calendar and that allows me to display clearly the subset of events I need to browse.
      >
      > Another cool feature is the ability to change views from the standard month view to a week view or day view. I can even select to just display events in a list. These options are very useful to me. A pocket calendar wouldn't be as beneficial.
      >
      > Kenneth

    • j_d_miller
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 12, 2012
        I just came here searching for a way to make my Yahoo!Calendar tab sticky on my main mail page.

        The Calendar appears to work for me, and I share mine with my wife's Yahoo! account.

        What is the part that doesn't work?

        -J