Received emails are being severely delayed

  • mjk4984
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      I've been having problems getting Yahoo Mail on my iPhone and iPad recently (IMAP and push issues). Since I pay for Yahoo! Mail Premium (not well named), I have the option to "forward and store" emails. I set that up over the weekend to forward to my iCloud account. That way when Yahoo failed, I'd still get emails in a timely manner.

      After doing this everything was working well. Emails sent to my Yahoo account would show up in the Yahoo Inbox and iCloud Inbox. That was until this morning.

      When I woke up this morning I checked my emails and saw a large number of "Yahoo" messages in my iCloud inbox, that were not in my Yahoo! Inbox. Over the course of the day, these emails started trickling in. One of them was delayed 7 hours. According to the message headers, the emails were received by Yahoo shortly after delivery, but Yahoo just held on to them until they finally showed up in my Inbox. In other words, Yahoo received the emails, but never bothered to deliver them to me.

      Ironically the push problem seems to have corrected itself and IMAP is mostly working, but none of that helps if Yahoo doesn't actually deliver the emails.

      Even now, email sent to my Yahoo! box is taking on average 5 minutes to show up in my Inbox after being received by Yahoo.

      Contacting Yahoo support is an exercise in futility. Contacting their Twitter feed gets a response to contact support. Contacting support via chat (when available) simply says to email support. Emailing support gets an automated response stating that someone will get back in 24 to 72 hours, but after 72 hours, there hasn't been a response.

      Anyone else having issues or have any ideas on how to get this fixed?