Re: No calendar tab yet

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 8, 2012
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:

      > And I ask again, what did people do before computers and the Internet??
      >
      > Lorrie

      Lorrie,

      Since you're asking this in response to my post, I guess you're asking what people did about their calendars before the internet.

      There were and still are a variety of different paper calendars. Wall calendars of course are not very transportable but there are pocket calendars that are the size of a checkbook. These could be carried with a person, presumably in their pocket or purse.

      But you already know this, don't you? Was the point of asking to jog my own memory about what we did before we had email and the internet? I do remember those days but I certainly have come to appreciate what I can do with the internet.

      Probably my favorite feature of online calendars is the ability to organize different sets of events/appointments into different schedules or calendars. My full calendar with everything displayed is overwhelming if I'm looking for something in particular. But I have the option to "display only this calendar" in Google Calendar and that allows me to display clearly the subset of events I need to browse.

      Another cool feature is the ability to change views from the standard month view to a week view or day view. I can even select to just display events in a list. These options are very useful to me. A pocket calendar wouldn't be as beneficial.

      Kenneth
    • Lorrie
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 8, 2012
        No I did not mean we should not use the technology of today.  What I meant was that worrying about whether the calendar works properly is really not much to have a fit about.  It will eventually work, till then we just need patience.  It is not worth running down Yahoo or any service and not worth getting sick about.

        Lorrie

        Lorries Green World
        http://minilorrie.2itb.com
        Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

        --- On Mon, 10/8/12, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

        Lorrie, and why people shoul keep doing things in the same ways as before the computers and the internet? I don't get your poiut here. It seems to me that you are suggesting that people should not use the technological resources we have available today just because we have things that worked in the past. Following this reasoning, why wait in lines at the airport if before the airplane people traveled by train? Why travel by train if before people traveled on horseback?
        Nowadays, nobody will keep a paper calendar in the bag if it's much simpler to have some kind of computer at hand.

      • Henrique Junior
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 9, 2012
          Lorrie,
          I didn't mean to be rude, but, again, that is your vision (I'm not worried about Yahoo Calender too), but people may have their own different needs and priorities.

          --
          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
          http://about.me/henriquejunior

        • wordsletters@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 9, 2012
            Hye Lorrie,
            Before there were computers there was a little gadget called a day planner. You physically wrote down your appointments and schedules on the dated pages. It could hold info for you, your wife, kids, friends and meetings. I still use one, I don't want to find out some tech gadget has powered out and I've lost everything. People are getting so lazy and self-important that they need gadgets to do the work.

            Meg

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lorrie <minilorrie@> wrote:
            > >
            > > And I ask again, what did people do before computers and the Internet??
            > >
            > > Lorrie
            > >

            > Lorrie,
            >
            > Since you're asking this in response to my post, I guess you're asking what people did about their calendars before the internet.
            >
            > There were and still are a variety of different paper calendars. Wall calendars of course are not very transportable but there are pocket calendars that are the size of a checkbook. These could be carried with a person, presumably in their pocket or purse.
            >
            > But you already know this, don't you? Was the point of asking to jog my own memory about what we did before we had email and the internet? I do remember those days but I certainly have come to appreciate what I can do with the internet.
            >
            > Probably my favorite feature of online calendars is the ability to organize different sets of events/appointments into different schedules or calendars. My full calendar with everything displayed is overwhelming if I'm looking for something in particular. But I have the option to "display only this calendar" in Google Calendar and that allows me to display clearly the subset of events I need to browse.
            >
            > Another cool feature is the ability to change views from the standard month view to a week view or day view. I can even select to just display events in a list. These options are very useful to me. A pocket calendar wouldn't be as beneficial.
            >
            > Kenneth

          • j_d_miller
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 12, 2012
              I just came here searching for a way to make my Yahoo!Calendar tab sticky on my main mail page.

              The Calendar appears to work for me, and I share mine with my wife's Yahoo! account.

              What is the part that doesn't work?

              -J