Yahoo IMap (iPhone/iPad) stopped working

  • mjk4984
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2012
      Today I've been having major problems downloading Yahoo Mail on my iPhone and iPad. Occasionally it will work, but mostly it shows "downloading 1/x" and then simply stops. There's obviously something wrong with Yahoo's IMAP servers today.
    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2012
        I have not had any problems with mine. Maybe it is your ISP or something else.

        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Laus Deo

        Sent Via Donna's iPhone

        On Oct 4, 2012, at 2:52 PM, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

        > Today I've been having major problems downloading Yahoo Mail on my iPhone and iPad. Occasionally it will work, but mostly it shows "downloading 1/x" and then simply stops. There's obviously something wrong with Yahoo's IMAP servers today.

        Cxxxxcccccccccc

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2012
          I have not been having any problem with mine. Maybe it is your ISP or maybe your phone cache needs to be cleaned out. I will be the first to admit I do not clean my cache in my phone as much as I do with my PC. It is something that has to be done a time or two. :)

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2012
            It's still happening off and on today. Sometimes it will work. Sometimes it won't.

            I saw that Yahoo was supposed to be doing maintenance the past few days, but they were only supposed to be doing them at night and they were supposed to be done yesterday, which is the day my problems started.

            http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8819&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1349174746511&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

            Webmail works for the most part, though I did get a maintenance page today.
            http://t.co/cHUxxv1G

            It looks like certain imap servers are failing. I can literally send myself and email and then open the Mail app on my iPhone and iPad and sometimes it will download on both, sometime on one, but not the other and sometime neither. Eventually mail downloads when things start working again (off and on), but it's unreliable.

            It's not my ISP, because I've had this problem at home, at work and when out and about (over cell).

            Everything was working great till yesterday and nothing changed on my end.