Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Chrome extension - Boomerang

  • Henrique Junior
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 27, 2012
      Yes, it is a 3rd party app and it have a smooth integration. Of course, to do what it is supposed to do it needs a lot of permissions.
      I'm wondering... why not create a native YMail app (and serve millions of users)?

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      http://about.me/henriquejunior

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 27, 2012
        Exactly. I was going to try it out if it was an actual Yahoo! enhancement. Just one of the many little things that Yahoo! could do to improve Mail.

        Some others ...

        Allow individual mails to be opened in a separate window. We used to have this capability. It would be nice to have this again.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 27, 2012
          More about it here: http://www.boomerangyahoo.com/

          --
          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
          http://about.me/henriquejunior

          Exactly. I was going to try it out if it was an actual Yahoo! enhancement. Just one of the many little things that Yahoo! could do to improve Mail.

          Some others ...

          Allow individual mails to be opened in a separate window. We used to have this capability. It would be nice to have this again.

          Kenneth

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

          > Yes, it is a 3rd party app and it have a smooth integration. Of course, to do what it is supposed to do it needs a lot of permissions.
          > I'm wondering... why not create a native YMail app (and serve millions of users)?
          >
          > --
          > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
          > http://about.me/henriquejunior
          >

          > >________________________________

        • mike bader
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 27, 2012
            You know that there is a charge after the beta.
            Only the beta is free.

            mike bader

            On 9/27/2012 9:45 PM, Henrique Junior wrote:
            More about it here: http://www.boomerangyahoo.com/

            --
            Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
            http://about.me/henriquejunior

            Exactly. I was going to try it out if it was an actual Yahoo! enhancement. Just one of the many little things that Yahoo! could do to improve Mail.

            Some others ...

            Allow individual mails to be opened in a separate window. We used to have this capability. It would be nice to have this again.

            Kenneth

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

            > Yes, it is a 3rd party app and it have a smooth integration. Of course, to do what it is supposed to do it needs a lot of permissions.
            > I'm wondering... why not create a native YMail app (and serve millions of users)?
            >
            > --
            > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
            > http://about.me/henriquejunior
            >

            > >________________________________

          • sy1bzbn
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 27, 2012
              When everybody delays sending their emails to Monday morning, it's not going to make a difference.

              Maybe I'm out of touch, but is this really a feature users desired?

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 28, 2012
                It is not only the ability to delay messages to Monday morning, but you can set any date, at any hour or receive reminders to not forget important messages that need some care later.
                That can be very useful.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 28, 2012
                  Maybe we're going to see an official app soon.
                  -snip------------------------
                  Thanks for the email. We are already working directly with Yahoo Mail product advocatesand we just launched it a couple of weeks ago, but I'm sure you'll see more of us.

                  Jeremy

                  On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:
                  Hi, Thank you for your quick reply.
                  I was talking about develop your great app as a native, official, Yahoo Mail Apllication (like Other Inbox, All My Purchases or Attach Large Files).
                  Yahoo has an open development platform [1] (you are probably aware of that) and we are talking about your product in the Official Yahoo Mail Group[2].
                  Some time ago we're talking just about the features that you are providing. I'm already using you extension in Google Chrome in my Yahoo Mail ind in my Gmail, but I'd love to see it as an official application inside Yahoo. A lot of users are going to love it too.

                  -snip------------------------

                  --
                  Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                  http://about.me/henriquejunior

                  When everybody delays sending their emails to Monday morning, it's not going to make a difference.

                  Maybe I'm out of touch, but is this really a feature users desired?

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

                  > Schedule messages to be sent from Yahoo Mail
                  > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFI9zjiErZM&feature=player_embedded
                  >

                  > --
                  > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                  > http://about.me/henriquejunior

                • Alain D.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2012
                    Well, I for one don't see the "send later" button just the "Bommerang this email" with a combo box with 2 choices !?

                    Home is where you hang your @