Re: [Y-Mail] Re: 'Search Mail' function not working

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 22, 2012
      Cleaning your browser cache is very important! It takes up a lot of hard drive space, so it should be cleaned out regularly. If you use Firefox, you can clean the cache without losing the history. If you need help, just ask :)

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 09/22/2012 04:28 PM, Beadnik wrote:

      I really don't know which version I'm using... how can I tell? And, no, I don't think I cleaned my browser cache. I don't like to clear the browsing history because I often refer to it for previous websites.

      JB

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

      > Hello, J B
      > It is working fine in my end. Are you using Yahoo Mail Classic or the New Yahoo Mail? Have you tried cleaning you browser cache?
      >
      > --
      > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      > http://about.me/henriquejunior
      >

      > >________________________________

    • Beadnik
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 23, 2012
        Thanks for your response. I googled to find out how to clear cache in Chrome, was able to exclude browsing history, and now the Search is once again working.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

        > Cleaning your browser cache is very important! It takes up a lot of hard
        > drive space, so it should be cleaned out regularly. If you use Firefox,
        > you can clean the cache without losing the history. If you need help,
        > just ask :)
        >

        > **Sasafrass452**
        > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        > http://sasafrass452.tumblr.com
        > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        >
        > On 09/22/2012 04:28 PM, Beadnik wrote:
        > >

        > > I really don't know which version I'm using... how can I tell? And,
        > > no, I don't think I cleaned my browser cache. I don't like to clear
        > > the browsing history because I often refer to it for previous websites.
        > >
        > > JB
        > >
        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello, J B
        > > > It is working fine in my end. Are you using Yahoo Mail Classic or
        > > the New Yahoo Mail? Have you tried cleaning you browser cache?
        > > > --
        > > > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
        > > > http://about.me/henriquejunior

      • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 23, 2012
          Sasafrass, can you do that with Chrome?

          Cindy in Ohio
          Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
          Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC...Labrador Retriever
          http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 24, 2012
              Well, I switched to new-new mail and it's not gone well at all.  The search function is quite sad compared to classic.  With classic all I needed to do was use a few letters of, for instance, the group name (like [YGOG or [Y- ) and select only the inbox.  All the messages from the group were then presented, sorted by date ready to read.  With new-new mail, I select [YGOG and pull nearly nothing, or alternatively truckloads of saved stuff that must be further filtered to get to just the inbox.  And I must use the fully qualified [y-mail rather than [y- to get the results.

              Maybe I don't have my configuration in new-new figured out, but this search difficulty actually impairs searching.

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 24, 2012
                I have to disagree with you, Harryh. The search mechanism in New Yahoo Mail is probably the best of all webmails. It is easy and intuitive, just give it some more try.