Re: [Y-Mail] Keeping Classic

  • Sumit Mehta
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 9, 2012
      This is an indication of the fact that the things are now moving fast at Yahoo, may be presence of Marissa Mayer is being felt. It is not that Yahoo has abruptly terminated Classic interface. They have made it very clear that they are going to shut the classic interface and requested users to switch to new interface. But classic users have not taken those warning seriously and now they are complaining.

      There is a proverb in Hindi - "LATO KE BHOOT BATO SE NAHI MANTE" If Ashish Pranami is following this group, he will agree me.

      Anyway interface preference is user specific. It is not necessary that What I like, every other person also like. So I think we should host a POLL regarding -

      1. I am using New interface
      2. I am using classic and willing to shift to new interface
      3. I am using classic and not willing to shift to new interface.

      Other suggestions are welcome. So that we can come to know howmany people are still using classic.

      Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

      From: Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...>
      Sender: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 17:41:18 -0700 (PDT)
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com<Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Keeping Classic

      When I want to take a look at the ok Classic interface I just change my URL. Look, new Yahoo Mail shows http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch
      All I have to do is change it to http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

      But, be warned: upgrading is going to be mandatory very soon. Believe me, the New Yahoo Mail is very good, just give it a chance.

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
      http://about.me/henriquejunior

      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 12, 2012
        Kathy,

        In New Yahoo! Mail, when you reply to a message, on the confirmation page, you have the option with a click to - go back to the message, go to the previous message, or go to the next message.

        New Yahoo! Mail's confirmation page lacks the ability to delete a message or move the message to a particular folder. However, if you click on the option to go back to the message, then from there you can select to delete the message or move the message to a particular folder.

        That's not so different than Classic. Maybe it's something you could get used to if or when the Classic interface is removed.

        Kenneth