How to Change Name in Account Info

  • justkenneth
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6 10:22 PM
      Not a Yahoo! Mail question but one related to our Yahoo! Profiles.

      Now that Yahoo! Pulse has devolved into a simpler but less useful Yahoo! Profile, the name shown on our profile page can be changed by simply typing in the display name field on the profile and changing it. However, this does not change one's name on one's Yahoo! Account Info page.

      I can't figure out any way to change the name shown on the Account Info page.

      The link nearest to the name on that page says "Edit profile details" but that just takes you back to your profile. Changing your location on the profile does change the location in Account Info but nothing seems to be able to change the name in Account Info.

      Is it hardcoded forever to whatever it was set to back when Pulse was still around?

      Kenneth
    • justkenneth
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6 10:25 PM
        Sorry, never mind. It's there in the "update your contact info" page.

        Kenneth

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

        > Not a Yahoo! Mail question but one related to our Yahoo! Profiles.
        >
        > Now that Yahoo! Pulse has devolved into a simpler but less useful Yahoo! Profile, the name shown on our profile page can be changed by simply typing in the display name field on the profile and changing it. However, this does not change one's name on one's Yahoo! Account Info page.
        >
        > I can't figure out any way to change the name shown on the Account Info page.
        >
        > The link nearest to the name on that page says "Edit profile details" but that just takes you back to your profile. Changing your location on the profile does change the location in Account Info but nothing seems to be able to change the name in Account Info.
        >
        > Is it hardcoded forever to whatever it was set to back when Pulse was still around?
        >
        > Kenneth

      • Silk
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7 4:48 AM
          Try dis...http://www.ehow.com/how_6313297_change-name-yahoo.html