RE: [Y-Mail] Re: Impressions about Yahoo Calendar?

  • Paula McCartney Barger
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 27, 2012
      As a Franklin Covey trained time management system user, tasks and calendar events are NOT the same thing.

      Tasks should be repeatable, allowing for the task to be checked off and reset for the next scheduled day to perform said task.

      Palm and Microsoft Outlook used to have the same feature, but Palm dumped it when they came out with the new interface for the Palm Pre (and then sold out to HP instead of developing WebOS the way it should have, but that's another rant).  MO still has that feature, as does FC's online planning system.  Unfortunately, Yahoo, Google and Hotmail/Outlook.com did not see fit to make their calendars conform to accepted planning system standards.

      Paula Barger
      For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7

      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      From: justkenneth@...
      Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 19:11:56 +0000
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: Impressions about Yahoo Calendar?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "guillaumebcom" <guillaume@...> wrote:

      > Maybe I am missing something but why don't simply create a new calendar and call it "Tasks" ...?

      Yes, I can create a "tasks" calendar in order to implement tasks/to-do's using events. That would allow them to be displayed in the calendar view and they can also be recurring since they are really events. But they would still lack the feature of tasks/to-do's that I want to keep, i.e., check boxes that I can check off to indicate task completion.

      Kenneth